1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NPQSL with a MEd

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by pantobabe, Jun 25, 2019.

1. pantobabe

pantobabe New commenter

Hello,

I am currently an AHT in an independent school, having been in post for two years now. I am considering whether to do the NPQSL next year, however I do already have a MEd, although it is in teaching and learning not educational leadership.

I'm just wondering on people's thoughts about whether the NPQSL would be worthwhile seeing as I have a masters already (thinking about when applying for deputy jobs etc)? I became an AHT after moving from a class teacher so it has been a huge learning curve, and was hoping that the NPQSL would give me some extra skills in my closet as I have not been on any leadership courses, or is it simply a hoop people are jumping through to move on in their career?

Thanks

2. moontitan

moontitan New commenter

Hoop jumping, career progression at all costs, trampling on people, making your mark with new ideas/new initiatives, increase staff turnover, yeah, exactly what I came into teaching for. Lovely.