1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NPQML

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by sthomas14, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sthomas14

sthomas14 New commenter

Would anyone be able to help me writting my NPQML finall assessment. I have been looking for examples and have had no luck.
    Thanks

2. carterkit

carterkit Occasional commenter

If you pm me I will send you an exemplar which someone kindly gave me when I was in the same situation.

Charlottebates15 likes this.
  3. Charlottebates15

Charlottebates15 New commenter

I would also be grateful if I could see an exemplar please?

4. newposter

newposter Occasional commenter

How depressing.

5. carterkit

carterkit Occasional commenter

Happy to share. Just pm me.

6. KarlMarx

KarlMarx New commenter

Would you be willing to share with me please? Thanks

7. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Hang on a minute ... you’re all heading fir the dizzy heights of middle management and you can’t write your own final assessment? Says it all really.

8. simonCOAL

simonCOAL Occasional commenter

And us teachers moan about the kids wanting to be spoon fed!

9. BoringGiant

BoringGiant New commenter

Everytime a poster asks for an exemplar for a NPQML. SL, etc there are always people who criticise by saying 'How can you expect a leader, if you can't write a final assessment?'
    It's a bit petty really. Seeing an exemplar is really useful and it's hardly cheating! I wonder if a bit of professional jealousy comes into play?

10. SundaeTrifle

SundaeTrifle Occasional commenter

No. People taking this qualification are evidencing their ability to lead others to promote student progress. They need to write about what they have done and should be capable of putting their own words on paper.

11. simonCOAL

simonCOAL Occasional commenter

You’re right.

Reflecting on personal experience will make you a better leader. Borrowing someone else’s won’t.

This is why some of these courses are criticised as being poor preparation. I found Master’s better because, in a small group, any duplication/ copying/ plagiarism was easily spotted. The personal reflection aspect was extremely useful.

I’ve got a cupboard full of these qualifications, so jealousy doesn’t come into play. But I get your point @BoringGiant

border_walker and blazer like this.
  12. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Why doesn't the course provide exemplars? Given the repeated requests on here it must be necessary.

13. vannie

vannie Star commenter

No sorry I’ve got this qualification. It would never have occurred to me to ask to see anyone else’s final assessment. It should be completely individual and dependent on the candidate’s experience and the context in which they work. The main problem with middle management in my experience is people being promoted beyond their competence. Would I want to be ‘led’ by someone who can’t write their own assessment? Would you?

14. BoringGiant

BoringGiant New commenter

I never suggested people shouldn’t reflect on their own personal experience, just that seeing a completed assessment is useful. Writing an assessment document without using an exemplar, does not correlate to making you a good leader. Using a resource as guidance to improve your own work, is a strength. Most leaders do this when writing policies/frameworks/Development plans etc

15. KamranAbdus-Samad

KamranAbdus-Samad New commenter

Hi
    is anyone able to share an exemplar of the new format of the NPQML? I am struggling to envisage what this will look like - in terms of the action plan and write up. Any guidance would be very helpful. Thank you

16. KamranAbdus-Samad

KamranAbdus-Samad New commenter

Hi are you able to share the NPQML exemplar with me? is this the new version of the NPQML started in 2018? as the previous one was written and planned differently?

17. Bobbbs

Bobbbs Occasional commenter

And people wonder why Middle management get no respect...

18. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Perhaps you should demand a refund of your course fee if they haven't explained this well enough?

sweetlikechoc and border_walker like this.
  19. IanG

IanG Occasional commenter

....sigh.

Couldn't agree more.

border_walker and SundaeTrifle like this.
  20. mm71

mm71 Occasional commenter

The NPQSL has a similar kind of final assessment/reflective piece. I can kind of see the need to have a look at an exemplar and as the content is very personal to you and needs to be evidenced, wholesale copying would be difficult. However, there would be nothing stopping someone from copying the work of another and passing it off as their own if no-one is really checking it.