1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NPQML the same as 'Leading from the Middle'?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by THEYOUNGBARD, Jun 20, 2015.

1. THEYOUNGBARD

THEYOUNGBARD New commenter

Can anyone advise please? A few years ago I completed the 'Leading from the Middle' course programme. I believe it was discontinued shortly afterwards. Two members of staff at my school have now enrolled on the NPQML. I am wondering if this is the qualification that replaced 'Leading from the Middle'? If so, does it hold the same value in terms of as a professional qualification; say if I was applying for a job or seeking promotion?

Thanks for your help!

2. Laura_T

Laura_T New commenter

Hi, did you ever find out this answer to this question? I too did the Leading from the Middle course and wondering if they are the same. Thanks.

3. denice304

denice304 New commenter

Hi, I have just completed the NPQML course, and as far as I am awear if you have successfully completed leading from the middle programme within the last 3 years you could be exempt from one elective module. It's worth contacting the National College for Teaching and Leadership. Good luck

bonjovifan35 likes this.