1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NPQH Applications

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by spannarich, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Hello,

I'm about to take the plunge and start work on my NPQH form. I gather that completing the form itself is one of the hardest bits of the course as the requirements and style are so specific.

Can anyone offer any advice or (even better) a copy of a form they used successfully? I have heard of lots of colleauges who had all the appropriate expereince but were not successful because of the way they had completed their forms.

Thanks

Anna

2. Hello,

I'm about to take the plunge and start work on my NPQH form. I gather that completing the form itself is one of the hardest bits of the course as the requirements and style are so specific.

Can anyone offer any advice or (even better) a copy of a form they used successfully? I have heard of lots of colleauges who had all the appropriate expereince but were not successful because of the way they had completed their forms.

Thanks

Anna

3. Hi anna,

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you my sucessful application.

smith.a2@ntlworld.com

4. Go to one of the briefing meetings - they should give you some clear guidance on how to complete the form.

Think, whole school and impact!

5. I would put a search in the archive of this site under previous threads. You are not the only one to have struggled with evidence gathering!!

6. could I be really cheeky and ask for a copy too?

Jangirl

7. When doing your application consider:

- whole school
    - impact
    - vision

8. Hi,
    I am about to apply. Could I have a copy please?
    Thank you
    Shirley1
    fritzhenry@mac.com

9. Hi there,
    I've just recently been accepted onto the NPQH and found the lessons learned document on the NCSL website very useful. It gives good examples of statements and how they were evidenced. It also gives examples of what not to do.
    The main thing is to be clear about what you did. Not the team or your head but you. The other thing which is difficult is how do you know? SIP grades, ofsted evidence - not the easiest.
    Count the characters when you are working on your answers as the NCSL has a character limit not word limit - quite frustrating.
    Remember that they are looking for potential headteachers not the finished article - most people struggle on financial management for example - its expected.
    Hope this helps
    Disco

10. Dear Disco,
    I am going on the information session for NPQH this Wednesday. I have been teaching for 28 years and have been in senior leadership for 5 years. I have a new head and she is behind me 100% to apply. Would it be possible to see a copy of your successful application? If not is there someone you could put me in touch with? I have been on the NCSL site, but for me to see a 'real life' application would really help. My e-mail is helenwithers61@tiscali.co.uk.
    Best wishes,
    Helen Withers

11. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Do not even consier looking at someone else's application. For one thing, they now have software that shows plagiarised applications - and before you tell me you've no intention of plagiarising it, you just want to see one, blah blah, it will influence you and possibly not in a good way.
    The whole point of making you apply - rather than taking just anyone - is to make it difficult to get in. If you can't do your own application, should you really be offering yourself as a potential school head?

12. DM

DM New commenter

Helen, can I suggest you report your own post (and the subsequent ones) so that TES remove them so that you name is not associated with this request?

13. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

<h3>*** To all aspiring Deputy Heads *** </h3><h3>No No No No NO NO NO NO !!!!!!! You MUST NOT do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!! </h3>Best wishes!
    There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!