1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Now they want to help me develop...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sideshow, May 13, 2011.

1. Been doing a post temporarily, at the time I took it I said I needed some development and support. None was forth coming; I looked for my own, and have been very proactive. I have sorted out a lot of issues and a lot of the serious curriculum issues are now sorted. So this week they interviewed for the permanent post, I didn't get it and NOW there is the offer of cpd. I just feel used and insulted. Why do management do this?

2. Because you cost more than the person who got the job and therefore a few hundred quid on CPD is still a deal compared to paying you M6 or more. Also, if the new person is crap, they can at least point to the CPD as evidence to OfWank that they are doiing something about it.
    Of course you've been used and shat upon, that's what many SMT do.
    Been there, and done that.

cyolba, a shojulder to cry on, as long as the tears don't mess up the line of my Paul Smith :)

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Oh poor you, what carp!

I thought I had seen the ultimate in being dumped on, until this week when something so monumentally awful was done to my teaching career, that I was nearly physically sick there and then in the meeting when the plans were revealed.
    Just when you think it can't get any more silly...

4. Feel for both of you. They fly in the face of decency and reason when they do these things. Worse still is the debriefing where they look you in the eye and lie through their teeth.
    I'm sorry it's happened to yous all

5. They have crushed me and saying I now need training puts my conference at rock bottom.

6. They are ***. Keep your eye out for a job where you will be appreciated - you have the experience now!