1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Now the students are back to school after lockdown, what does your 'teaching' look like?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by soniahewitt, Jun 1, 2020.

1. soniahewitt

soniahewitt New commenter

We are back to school now for 6 weeks. Years 7 - 9 are no longer streamlined. Are you following your schemes of work/curriculum, or are you planning on delivering fun maths activities instead?

2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

errr...secondary school are only opening wider to some contact with y10, and not until 15th June (England)
    Are you in the UK?

3. soniahewitt

soniahewitt New commenter

I'm in Guernsey. Although UK schools aren't in line with where we are here, I wondered if HOD's or classroom teachers had any thoughts about their plans for when they return. I doubt there will be many formulated plans but even to get an idea of peoples thinking would be helpful to know.

4. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

y7-9 will not return to school here until Sept, when (hopefully!!) school will run normally from the start of the academic year.
    Meanwhile, for us our online learning continues as it has done for the last couple of months, following the schemes of work.

5. Alexdiver

Alexdiver New commenter

We have 160 due back in next week, 16x10 bubbles - two streams one day a week.

6. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Not teaching anything " new". Addressing any misconceptions etc.

7. briceanus

briceanus New commenter

Ditto TinTin