1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Now I remember why I hate Facebook...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Mar 26, 2012.

1. OOOh CQ - Playing with fire!!! On the other hand.... let me know how it goes :D

2. [​IMG]
    I'll have to see if he remembers me - but my maiden name is so distinctive, he must do...well, I hope he does...I mentioned the homework [​IMG]

3. Who knows, CQ, you may be needing to start a thread about why you love Facebook soon...

4. Hahaha - maybe I will...

5. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

....and women accuse men of being shallow in relationships....... :)

6. I went to an all girls school. Thus I am safe from gorgeous looking rich male hunk ex schoolmates.

7. Unfortunately, I reckon I am pretty safe too. At our age he is bound to be married or a loony.

8. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Hey!!!!!!
    I am 'of your age'....older!....I am not married and Iam not loony!...

(Oh and my mum went to an all boys school.....lucky wretch!)

9. But we are female. We are never loony.
    I have had quite some fun catching up with a few people - it is quite hard to recognise some of the men. A lot of them no longer have hair.
    Get me - middle-aged, a die-hard FB hater and now I'm chatting across the globe.
    My very best sand-pit friend is gay. I had no idea. He can't believe I never guessed.

10. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Not sure that follows. Could be the female version.

I've re-connected up with some lovely people - related and old friends through FB. And enjoyed curtain twitching on a few not so lovely.

11. You say that, but you never know what people do after school....

12. He was married, his wife died about 10 years ago. He has been bringing up his son on his own since the wee bab was 9 months old.
    And he checked my marital status too ;o)

13. ohhhhhhhhh, that would be cool [​IMG]

14. That is unbelievably exciting! Flirtations, however innocent, are so life affirming. Enjoy!

15. DM

DM New commenter

Steady on!

16. It is a bit!
    But I still have my rational head on. Steady goes. It is nice to find a mate again (and get all nostalgic about those butterflies in the tummy back then).
    Now, if and when I do get to London and the butterflies are back...
    I feel like I am in the middle of a Rosamunde Pilcher film...

17. Haha! Vicarious!

18. CM, sorry to rain on your parade, but (and I don't even know you!!!) - are you certain sure his wife died? Not sure how you could check this out, mind you...
    I'm just asking, is all... Call me cynical and jaded but he could be spinning you a line?
    Sorry sorry sorry.... (but an ex did do just this to me, so a few alarm bells are ringing!)

19. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I got the impression from your first post that you didn't get butterflies about him back then?

20. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

well yes
    but if you were going to two time your wife would you choose an old school chum, or, er, the office receptionist who left school more recently.
    If you still like an old school chum that really is quite sweet.