1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Novelist's corner

Discussion in 'Book club' started by In_You_Go_Jones, Jan 3, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Hehehe, lol and lol,

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

ana sakranah!!

3. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

I do remember this and the public apology Gene made. I think the only one he's ever made in spite of the many times he's been caught lying, socking and generally being a bad egg.

4. Burndenpark

And my book review in the TES magazine doesn't count?
    [​IMG]

5. Gene I have sent you a personal message detailing the titles, dates of publication and ISBN numbers of the three books I have in print.
    You will apologise, without reservation, on this forum and on this thread, for twice calling me a liar, and you will do so by midnight tonight, if you please.
    I didn't let you get away with this last time you called me a liar, and I am not about to let you off the hook this time.
    I have made a copy of the personal message to you and will send it to the moderators first thing in the morning if you do not apologise for and withdraw this libel.

6. What will you do if he doesn't apologise by midnight?

7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

See the last paragraph of the post above you.

8. Report to the moderators that they have published, and therefore, abetted a libel.

9. He can't libel you unless your pen name is Keith Ross.
    Is that the case?

10. ilovesooty

He can libel "Keith Ross" if "Keith Ross " can prove:
    a) that sufficient people know who KR is in real life
    and b) if KR's reputation stands to be damaged.

I'd say KR has a sporting chance of proving both those things.

11. What has he done to damage 'Keith's' reputation if he's published books and the people who know him know he has?
    I don't know who Keith is, so whether or not he has published books is neither here nor there to me.

12. ilovesooty

I'm not a lawyer, chocolatebox9, but I would say that it's connected with KR's reputation as a person of integrity which is of course being maligned here by Gene. I'm also going by the action for libel I took out a few years ago against a certain well known teacher and the Guardian which involved posts on this forum.

13. I will not apologise. I have nothing to apologise for. I've had enough of this madness. Please do not correspond with me agan in any shape or form.

14. I can see this making the tabloids.

15. Burndenpark

Even before being summonsed to the head's office Gene realised that posting from a school computer was a mistake. Given his post as assistant caretaker he was one of a few people who could get access to the school's computer room on a bank holiday. The stories about the head having had lawyers in to visit her earlier in the day had started his worries, but getting told to "pop around after the kids had gone home- oh and don't touch a computer in the meantime had raised his anxiety levels. He had mentioned to one or two of the staff who regularly called into Wetherspoons after school, that he wouldn't be able to attend tonight- their punching the air and saying what a shame it was he'd taken as a sign of support.
    He wondered about putting on a false name badge and pretending to be someone else, but even his tenuous grasp on reality warned him that this wouldn't be a good move. As he sat in his office, or rather more precise in the broom cupboard at the back of the head caretaker's office he glanced up at the pictures that lined the wall- the press cuttings- mostly with his pictured prittsticked onto them- him with the pope, John Thaw, Thatcher, Dawkins (though in this case Dawkins was in black and white holding a bust of Darwin, inexplicably by the Grand Union Canal next to Gene who was holding a fishing rod and a large fish fresh from Morrisons). Just above them were his collection of certificates- cycling proficiency, Bronze swimming award, a boxing medal from the local boys club, his degrees in Physics from the American University which he got by correspondence course.
    How could he, the great Gene Vincent have climbed so high only to fall.
    He did the only thing he could in the circumstances, he mouthed a silent prayer to ask the candles around his shrine to Dylan for guidance.

16. Burndenpark

" , " " ; ,,

Was there any other punctuation I missed out?

17. ilovesooty

You said he hadn't had books published - twice. He's proved he has. I reckon you've some apologising to do.

18. Then he noticed the grubby mac hanging on a peg at the back of the broom cupboard. Gossip had started to circulate as to the identity of the canalside flasher. Names had been whispered in Wetherspoons the previous evening and some of the staff were giving him an even wider berth than usual. He grabbed the mac hastily, ran with it to the school furnace, and watched the incriminating garment go up in flames.

19. Burndenpark

I think that Gene's working off the assumption that KR won't complain for fear of being banned, not just delusional, but unable to learn from experience.

20. How about...
    [​IMG]