1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nottinghamshire: Whole-class Guided Reading

Discussion in 'Primary' started by s_l_amos85, May 7, 2019.

1. s_l_amos85

s_l_amos85 New commenter

Hi everyone

I am looking at the possibly of our school using the whole-class approach to Guided Reading from September.

I have reached out to our local schools to see if I might be able to visit to chat/observe this approach. Unfortunately (partly due to our old family of schools all seeming to be split across different academy partnerships etc) I haven't had much luck! I did have one reply but I believe that teacher is now off on long-term sick.

Are there any schools using this approach that would be kind enough to let me visit?

I would be forever grateful!

Thanks

Sarah

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

You could always use youtube and similar to watch some whole class GR.

3. TheIrishTeacher

TheIrishTeacher New commenter

I know this might not be what you’re after, but I’ve started a series of blogposts on how I’ve started Whole Class Guided Reading, including some free, downloadable resources.

I’m still very much trialing this approach at the moment, but we’re really seeing the children’s reading skills improve.

My blog posts are over on www.rebeccatheirishteacher.com if you’d like to take a look.

Otherwise, feel free to give me a message if I can help you with anything else!

4. GARDEN24

GARDEN24 New commenter

How do you do guided reading for years 1 and 2 please? Was reading an issue in your school to make you make this change - it is in my school so we are searching for other methods to make those massive improvements, if we can! Lack of parental support doesn't help!

5. lufklempa

lufklempa New commenter

Hi Sarah
    I have designed and used Guided Reading/Reciprocal Reading strategy and our results are amazing. Please have a look at this link and get in touch. We can chat about this.
    https://www.felix-education.com/about
    Beatrix

6. lufklempa

lufklempa New commenter

Hi
    Im happy to talk you through the strategy im using. Please have a look and message me.
    beatrix
    https://www.felix-education.com/about

7. Margarita_Mmmm

Margarita_Mmmm New commenter

8. s_l_amos85

s_l_amos85 New commenter

Thank you everyone.

As I'm a Y6 teacher, I have been pretty swamped and hadn't had chance to check back.

Thanks for much for all the replies. I'll start to have a look through them all now!

9. s_l_amos85

s_l_amos85 New commenter

Thank you everyone.

As I'm a Y6 teacher, I have been pretty swamped (with SATs!) and hadn't had chance to check back.

Thanks for much for all the replies. I'll start to have a look through them all now!

10. s_l_amos85

s_l_amos85 New commenter

Hi, Thanks for the link but this seems to be selling a scheme linked to group reading, rather than whole-class. Is this correct?

11. s_l_amos85

s_l_amos85 New commenter