1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nottingham Trent Primary PGCE

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by jennyjuniper, Nov 12, 2011.

1. hello! did you application get sent to NTU on 26 October? Mine was sent to NTU on 27 October, and Ive not heard anything yet. Ill wait a month before I contact them. Good luck!! Ive my fingers crossed to hear something positive soon!

2. thanks, this is really helpful. Getting very frustrated waiting! just want to know!!

3. I called NTU today, my application was received on 20 /10 (I sent to gttr on 19th, but gttr says they forwarded it on 27th to NTU, who knows!). My application was vetted by their admissions team, and sent to the school of education on 19 / 11. Very slow and im not impressed. Was told Id probably hear if I have an interview in the next fortnight!!

4. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

Oh thats long winded! thanks for letting me know, I sent an email earlier this morning but im guessing I will get the same response as you. They weren't this slow last year! There wasnt much point putting a second choice by the looks of things. Where did you put as your second choice out of interest? I put Derby Uni.

5. I know! let me know what they say in their reply please! my second choice is Derby too, they have already offered interviews.

6. hi, just wondering if you have heard anything? Im so fed up waiting!! getting paranoid now!

7. got an interview on 12th December, now feel sick and terrified about it!!

8. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

They never responded to my email, but ive just called admissions and ive got through to interview stage and they said I should receive something soon as to when my date is. Well done on getting your interview! dont be scared, just be really prepared and you will be fine.

9. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

p.s how did they contact you? was it by email or post?

10. Hi, I got a letter this morning. Well done for getting an interview, maybe they will be on the same day!

11. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

Got a call form home while ive been at work saying i got a letter in the post this morning, mines on the 12th too at 12.50pm! what time is yours?

12. mine is at 820! get it over early!

13. hi, just wondered what your written task articles are on, my are about VAK. thanks

14. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

Yeh so are mine, ive read the first one and i pretty much agree with it! havent read the second one yet, i've been preparing my presentation and reading up on current issues like a nutter! what are your thoughts?

15. I agreed with the first article, very positive, but Im finding the second article more difficult to get my head around, as it seems negative. Ive been avoiding re reading it!
    Ive sorted my presentation, just need to practice it, and read up on current education issues, like SEN and behaviour. What other issues are you thinking about? A bit worried about the written task, not sure what they will ask and how much we can write on the articles. good luck!

16. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

Hi,
    Hows your last minute prep going? The issues im going to focus on are lack of funding affecting SEN staff, changes to SEN assessment, review of the curriculum, the phonics debate, and free schools and academies. Ive also done my presentation on how the status of Science as a primary subject has slipped since the removal of science SAT's in KS2. What is your presentation on?
    Last year the writing task was on two articles about ability grouping, the question was pretty simple, just something like 'reading the articles and using your own experience what are your thoughts on ability grouping?' We were told to write about two sides of A4, it wasnt timed and it was pretty relaxed as the interviewers were out of the room conducting the one on one interviews. They are just looking at your ability to communicate ideas, and write academically.
    By the way the BBC bitesize website is really good for revising maths, it has little tests. Im doing the KS3 stuff as the level of maths on the test is about year 6/7.
    Good luck for tomorrow, let me know how it goes!

17. bit late replying sorry! Ive tried to forget about the interview, but starting to wonder when we will find out............ hopefully soon!!

18. hi! my interview was on the 12th too, in the morning. Ive not heard anything yet, assume they are still interviewing this week, so maybe find out late next week? Last year it was late Feb before people found out but I think the TDA allocations held it up. Am I correct in thinking they have until 31 Jan to make a decision for applications made before 1st Dec?

19. Hi I have an interview for Trent tomorrow! Was supposed to be on Dec 20th but I was out of the country. Just wondering if you could give me an idea as to what the day was like? We're you asked any tricky questions? I'm so so nervous. Any help would be greatly appreciated. X

20. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

My GTTR got updated yesterday with a 'stop' decision from Trent, which means they need more time, anyone heard anything more confirmed? e.g a definite yes or no?