1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Notification after interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ggsh, Jun 16, 2011.

1. ggsh

ggsh New commenter

Is it usual practice now for heads to just notify the successful candidate after interview and ignore some/all of the other candidates who attended the interview?

2. Not in my experience. Until today. Went for a first round lesson observation today and was told I would be contacted tonight regarding interviews tomorrow and I've heard nothing. Not even a thanks but sorry call/email. Rude.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Very rude.
    And actually unusual.
    Mostly they ring the first choice, then if s/he accepts, they ring the others. Sometimes they write to the others, and recently we have had 2 examples of schools e-mailing unsuccessful candidates. I think that is rude too.
    If, however, 1st choice asks for a day or two to think it over, and they are not in a rush to get it settled, they may allow this. In this case they won't tell the other applicants until they get a definite answer from choice 1. This is to allow a Plan B - offering to choice 2.
    So sometimes if you haven't heard, it could be because you are still in with a chance.
    Let's hope so, because nail-biting evenings are not fun.
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

4. ggsh

ggsh New commenter

Thank you - I greatly appreciated acknowledgements...
    It's my gut feeling that I've been unsuccessful - trying to be realistic I think interview could've gone better. Having not had interview experience for about 9 years....! Lots of buzzers going off in the background... and the interviewees writing and then not writing... Needless to say I did not manage distractions well and I felt myself 'unravelling'!
    I'm sorry to hear about experience - Boperella, that sounds awful, unprofessional and bad practice.
    Theo - thanks! Actually given nail biting a miss and hitting the red wine!
    Sad thing is - I really liked the school and felt my skills would've fitted in so well with the school's needs.
    Thanks again [​IMG]

5. I so identify with this! I too am waiting for the call from an interview I had yesterday!

GOOD LUCK!!

6. I just wish that when you are unsuccessful, after all the prep that goes into a letter of application and interview day they would offer you feedback.

7. ggsh

ggsh New commenter

Mystery solved! When I got into school this morning there was a note in reception to me from one of our cleaners. The cleaner had taken a call at 6.10pm yesterday evening from the head of the school I was interviewed at. The head asked could I ring her, and told the cleaner she would try me at home! She didn't ring my home, or my mobile although the phone numbers were clearly on my letter of application <u>and</u> my application form. I assumed I didn't have the job, as if I had been the 'one she wanted' she would have telephoned me on all the telephone numbers! My silver lining is that I have another interview (different place obviously!) in 2 weeks...
    Good Luck rhl - hope you have the better outcome!

8. Hi ggsh,

I didn't get mine either... but got some really good feedback about how they thought I had a lovely manner with the kids etc. would have been their second choice. I know second it as good as nothing, but left me feeling better than just thanks but no thanks!

Good luck with your next one!

R