1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

notice period TA during summer 2020

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by k847, Jun 24, 2020.

1. k847

k847 New commenter

I will be starting my PGCE in september 2020.I currently work in a primary school and my notice is 4 weeks notice.If I resign during the summer holidays (August) or during the end of term on 22nd July 2020 and state that my last day will be on the 10th September? .As a decision for next year classes have already been put in place for September would that be an issue with HR team and HT. If I was to give my notice during the summer holidays .

2. stargirl81

stargirl81 New commenter

Well you could do it then but let them now that you intend to leave so that they can make a decision about September. But yes if you hand it in on the last day and put your end date as September that's ok.

Personally if i was leaving I would tell them so that September could be arranged.

3. stargirl81

stargirl81 New commenter

Just realised you said Sep 10th. I think you might as well put your last date as August 31st because I can't see that they will be willing to find you something to do for a few days before you leave!

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

I'm sure your school know that you are starting a PGCE in September? If I were you, I would be discussing it with your line manager or school business manager - explain that you need to work as long as possible for financial reasons and would like to come back for a week or two at the beginning of September if it's possible. Who knows, they might be up for it and have something you could do.
    Best of luck with the PGCE!