1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Notice Period Advice

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by laura2323, Jan 27, 2011.

1. laura2323

laura2323 New commenter

Hey guys,
    I have a question regarding how notice period and corresponding wage works. I am in the mist of my NQT year and am unfortunately finding my first appointment is not for me. I have decided that I will hand in my notice but as yet I am unsure if I will do this for April or September. My contract states I must give 3 months notice so I need to make a decision in the next few day
    If I hand my notice in for September now will my contact/pay continue until August 31st or will they terminate me when teaching finishes in July?
    I have searched around the forum but cannot find this information. Thanks in advance for any info offered!

2. laura2323

laura2323 New commenter

Hey guys,
    I have a question regarding how notice period and corresponding wage works. I am in the mist of my NQT year and am unfortunately finding my first appointment is not for me. I have decided that I will hand in my notice but as yet I am unsure if I will do this for April or September. My contract states I must give 3 months notice so I need to make a decision in the next few day
    If I hand my notice in for September now will my contact/pay continue until August 31st or will they terminate me when teaching finishes in July?
    I have searched around the forum but cannot find this information. Thanks in advance for any info offered!

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

In short.. there are 3 dates that resignation has to be received to leave....

31st October - to leave 31st December
    28th February - to leave 30th April
    31st May - to leave 31st August..... but do ensure that you state your date else some schools may attempt to shaft you for summer holiday pay....

and look here...
    www.tesfaq.co.uk