1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Notice for Ofsted?

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by NQT1986, Jun 8, 2011.

1. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

Is it between 1-2 days notice for an inspection now?

If they ring on a Monday-will they probably be in Weds/Thur or Thur/Fri or might they come the next day (Tuesday)?!

We were last done in April 2008 and although we got Outstanding, I expect the phone call will be any day now!

2. NQT1986

Is it between 1-2 days notice for an inspection now?

If they ring on a Monday-will they probably be in Weds/Thur or Thur/Fri or might they come the next day (Tuesday)?!

We were last done in April 2008 and although we got Outstanding, I expect the phone call will be any day now!

3. mpc

mpc

Two days in my experience - ie ring on Monday, in on Wednesday.

4. Yes, we had our phone call last Monday first thing in the morning & they came Weds & Thurs.

5. NQT1986

Thank you for your replies! I wonder then, when you might assume they won't be in in a given week? If they haven't rung on a Monday or a Tuesday, is it possible that they might phone on a Wednesday morning and be in Thursday/Friday?

6. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

We were last "done" in Sep 2008, so will be standing by phones from start of term, We worked it out like this...
    Phone Monday visit Wednesday
    Phone Tuesday visit Thursday
    They don't phone on Wednesday, so that's the only day I'm booking on to out of school morning meetings
    Phone Thursday visit Monday
    Phone Friday, visit Tuesday

They usually phone about 10:30 to give you the dates of the inspection and make arrangements for the Lead Inspector to speak to the Head that afternoon.

We've decided that we are going to have morning prayer meetings on Thursday and Fridays, because we'd sooner have a weekend's notice. But that's just our choice :)