1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nothing to do with Isis

Discussion in 'Personal' started by InkyP, Mar 29, 2016.

1. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

2. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

What a heartwarming story. Now lets hope he gets a lengthy jail sentence to think about his complete stupidity

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I wonder why she left him? :rolleyes:

4. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I'm off to ask Mr Ork why he doesn't love me enough to hijack a plane for me.

5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

There certainly seem to be issues regarding safety at Egyptian air ports.

7. Math-Worksheets-Galore

Math-Worksheets-Galore Occasional commenter

Just never get on a plane if its scheduled to fly from the old military airport - chaos. Such a pity as Egypt is a beautiful country with the majority of the population being solid citizens who just want a good life with no political and religious zealots spoiling it for them and their children ...

8. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Did he have anything at all - or was it just a claim that they couldn't take anything but seriously?

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

It was suggested he was mentally unstable...

I'm now going to challenge anyone who appears to be mentally unstable about his actions and I want no mealy mouthed responses... first off, those living statues numpties.

10. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

BBC Look North has just shown a photo of a passenger from Leeds posing for a selfie with the hi-jacker. The hijacker is wearing his 'suicide belt' and the passenger from Leeds has his arm round him and is grinning at the camera.

11. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

a few empty iphone cases, apparently...

12. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I think all moderate husbands need to loudly condemn the actions of this man.

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

As a husband happily married ... I do not condemn him... I revel in his actions! [I can only make this sort of facetious response because no-one died].

14. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Indeed. Some numpties even took selfies.

15. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

More romantic extremism carried out in the name of love. I'm not saying that everyone in love is a romantic extremist, but it does seem like the majority of romantic extremists use love to justify their actions. There is clearly some kind of problem within the in-love culture that accepts this kind of extremism.

16. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Perhaps he didn't know that women are people with equal rights too. Oh, hang on...

17. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I was thinking more that perhaps this wasn't the first crazy stunt he had pulled although it will probably be the last. I think the same thing about Father for Justice types hanging off bridges. Controlling behaviour isn't restricted to one culture.

18. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

19. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

I feel sorry for men who get dumped and do stupid things in response, thereby validating the good sense of the women who dumped them. Dudes! If she dumps you, you're dumped. Its over. They'll put up with a lot, women, but when they decide you're dumped, they mean it. Hijacking won't make her change her mind. Move on!

InkyP and lanokia like this.