1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

nother pertinent resignation letter to Nicky Morgan..'Sorry Nicky, I'm Out.'

Discussion in 'Education news' started by englishtt06, May 15, 2016.

1. englishtt06

englishtt06 Occasional commenter

Very, very sadly....another one bites the dust. On the back of this, I have just learned that a friend of mine (we taught together ten years ago) has resigned from teaching: he was/is fantastic (I know, as I was a PGCE student in his classes).

https://piclinegirl.com/2016/05/14/sorry-nicky-im-out/

JeannieMc likes this.
  2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I have open-letter fatigue.

3. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

I'm sure you do. However, you could keep that to yourself, it makes you sound very rude.

eljefeb90, sabrinakat, delnon and 2 others like this.
  4. SportyK

SportyK Occasional commenter

It is indeed 'pertinent' for teachers to make their feelings felt in this way. NM needs to be aware of the scale of her stupidity and ignorance and its effect on our profession.

5. secretsiren

secretsiren Star commenter

The comments underneath show just how many teachers are quitting or planning to quit very soon. It's alarming. Still, I'll be one of them just as soon as I figure out how to pay rent, buy food and pay bills with no income while I retrain. My school will be able to employ a teacher 'in training' on an unqualified salary and everyone wins! (Except the students, who don't really matter.)

6. Vince_Ulam

I could but there is no reason why I should. If people don't want others to look in their direction then they shouldn't shout 'look at me'.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  7. redlamp2

redlamp2 Occasional commenter

I sympathise with many of the points made in the letters - but I can't help but be suspicious of anything I see on Facebook. Added to which, Morgan isn't their employer

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  8. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I don't think there's much point in writing such things to Morgan or anyone else in govt. They simply do not care about the quality of education received by those who can't afford to pay to go private.

They will continue to provide 'schools' for the hoi polloi to appease public opinion but in reality these schools will be shams, staffed by unqualified teachers in order to save money not for the tax payer but for the trustees/investors/cronies.

You'd be better off writing to mumsnet or the daily mail.

delnon, emerald52 and Shedman like this.
  9. JeannieMc

JeannieMc New commenter

I don't personally care where such a letter is posted, as long as the Press/Media pick it up. I read it in the Independent. Screw NM, it's about the people of the UK knowing how awful teaching has become, in general that is.

delnon and aspensquiver_2 like this.
  10. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

As we head towards the May resignation deadline expect to see many more of these.

I reckon resignations will hit epidemic proportions this year.

11. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

You're going to take your own advice any time soon?

12. Vince_Ulam

You need to have a sit and think about that one for a little while.

13. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

I did. Your turn.

14. Vince_Ulam

Sorry but the time I've allotted to deal with clausal high jinks has expired. Have a pleasant sentence.

15. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Thought it was a great summary of the current ills of primary teaching - particularly loved one bit:
    'Grammar was no longer for writing – it was for grammar. ' Says it all!