1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller

Discussion in 'Book club' started by assister, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Thanks for the info on the film giggirl. It was a cross between Judi Dench and Maggie Smith I had in mind for the narrator as I was reading - Blanchet however is not how I saw Sheba. Elleybell, I felt the narrator precisely like you did, twisted and controlling - I think that may be part of the reason some found the ending unsatisfactory, because basically she had won.

2. assister - have to say I didn't think of Cate Blanchet. My son and his mate however, on returning from their audition, were thrilled at the prospect of having to sh*g Cate in a cupboard....... No news yet!

3. So many people have told me to read this....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Can't imagine why. It is tripe.

5. The film and the book are very different - enjoyed the book - found the film's alternative ending - satisfactory for customer response!! Read it for book club - raised alot of issues re underage sexual activity however do agree with the 2D dimension of supporting characters within the bok.