1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Notes & Information Texts Y4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by freckle808, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Morning, can anyone help? I am a student and doing the above for the next 3 weeks. I asked the teacher what he wanted me to focus on ie topic/text? He just said use the scholastic 100 literacy framework lessons. I have looked and it is about WW2 - We are not doing anything about ww2 this yr with our class as the topic is villge in India. Im stuck on what to use for 'Notes & Information Texts' - any advice is much appreciated.

2. Morning, can anyone help? I am a student and doing the above for the next 3 weeks. I asked the teacher what he wanted me to focus on ie topic/text? He just said use the scholastic 100 literacy framework lessons. I have looked and it is about WW2 - We are not doing anything about ww2 this yr with our class as the topic is villge in India. Im stuck on what to use for 'Notes & Information Texts' - any advice is much appreciated.

3. Hi, I am also a student and doing information texts on india, did you manage to plan something? any ideas and resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

4. teacherman2

teacherman2 New commenter

5. I did this unit last year Notes and Information texts on India, We looked at Wildlife in India - native species to different parts of the country and composed short fact files and then more in depth information sheets to form a class collection of Wildlife. I linked paragraph writing under headings from Y3 Grammar for Writing on Elephants for my LA children. The MA children used various books, and the internet to write notes on a chosen animal and its habitat, We were able to get some art work out of the unit and added the factfile details and pictures to a large homemade map of India of where the animals could be found.
    Hope this is of some use. Now can someone tell me how to do the same thing for Modern Egypt this half term's topic before we look at Ancient Egypt? Come to think of it I could do the same thing but obviously Egyptian animals.