1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Notebooks used in KS1; handwriting in KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by madelainemalec, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I am a newly appointed supervisor in the primary school, but my experience lies in KS2 only. I need to find out what the general policy is on formal writing in Reception, Year 1 and 2. Do children use books or do they just write in preprinted workbooks or work cards? If they do use books, are these with blank pages or are they lined? What type of lines?

Secondly, how often is formal handwriting taught in KS1, what do they write in and when do they start with cursive writing?

I am not UK trained, but am working in a British School overseas and would appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot

Madelaine

2. I am a newly appointed supervisor in the primary school, but my experience lies in KS2 only. I need to find out what the general policy is on formal writing in Reception, Year 1 and 2. Do children use books or do they just write in preprinted workbooks or work cards? If they do use books, are these with blank pages or are they lined? What type of lines?

Secondly, how often is formal handwriting taught in KS1, what do they write in and when do they start with cursive writing?

I am not UK trained, but am working in a British School overseas and would appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot

Madelaine