1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not very important but annoying household things...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

2. Meanie.

3. OH drives me absolutely bonkers when he leaves dirty dishes piled up in the sink swimming in dirty manky water. He also drives me bonkers with using a new glass EVERY time he has a bloody drink. He also has an inability to get rubbish from the kitchen side to the bin or his plate/bowl from the dining table to the kitchen.
    I have taken to using one glass that I wash up every day and leaving all the others where he leaves them until he realises he has run out of glasses to drink from!

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

5. No, sorry! Im the one that does all of the above. Luckily I own the house so its not a problem :)

6. Sink, dirty dishes, dirty water PLUS the cleaning sponge = a conniption fit!
    It is the one thing guaranteed to drive me mad.
    I hate the touch, feel and smell of them once they have been squashed under dirty dishes..... I even tried a quick Milton dunking, but they still make me feel ill!!
    Rinsed and left on the side to dry....... not too hard is it??

Rant over....

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

These two really bug me.
    As does dumping coats and school bags in the hall as opposed to hanging up coats and taking bags to rooms.
    Oh, and making tea with a bag in a mug and not in a teapot!

8. the dishes are placed on the worktop rather than in the dishwasher.
    Just open the bloody door and put the plates IN!

9. I can't say I'm fussier than you, but I could have written your post almost to the word.
    I'd add another one though...
    people putting socks into the laundry inside out. It is almost driving me insane[​IMG]

10. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

CQ you REALLY need to brace yourself for adolescence!!!!

11. Marshall

Marshall Occasional commenter

OH feeds the cats and then leaves the empty pouches in the sink rather than putting them in the bin.
    Dirty underpants left where he drops them.
    Puts all the rubbish in the same bin - despite him knowing that I am passionate about recycling.

I can feek my stress levels rising - deep breaths!

12. Marshall

Marshall Occasional commenter

feek = feels!

This is my own pet hate!

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

And every time I Dettox a worktop ready to prep some food, a dirty plate or mug appears on it or he puts something there!!

14. Aaaggghhh - the one about shoving everything in the bin. How hard is it to put the recycling stuff in the right bags, especially when they are sitting RIGHT NEXT TO THE BIN.
    Dirty dishes in sink, yup;
    clean cup every time he wants a cuppa, yup;
    never rinsing out the bath;
    not putting the loo seat down;
    thinking the kitchen table is a filing cabinet;
    thinking the sofa is a filing cabinet

15. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

AAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH............................and the dining room table, but God help me if I so much as put a teeny, weeny post-it note on his office <strike>tip </strike>desk! [​IMG]

16. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Using the dining table as a workbench so it can't be used for months, but the real annoyance is he will willing start things but never, ever completes them. So the kitchen is still missing 4 tiny tiles, (since 1991) the bathroom, cushionfloor not selaed on 2 sides (since 1998) and we won't go into the garden!! Windmill been lying on the lawn in pieces for 8 years.

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

supposed to be providing electricity for the lights!!

18. I could have written all of these "gripes"
    Just to add to the list......
    • not enough fairy in the bowl when doing the dishes
    • luke warm water for dishes
    • not cleaning out the grill pan after cokking bacon/sausages
    • believing in the washing/ironing/cleaning fairy!

19. None of you are even visiting my house, never mind staying with me

Slobs-ville is fine by me [​IMG]

20. All those, CQ, plus
    • Splitting the newspaper into fifteen bits and distributing them all around the room
    • Making a sandwich and leaving the stumpy bit of tomato and the end slice of the cucumber on the board to metamorphose into concrete PUT IT IN THE BIN!!!!
    • Leaving empty shampoo/gel bottles to pile up in the shower
    • Failure to remove own skidmarks from side of bog
    • Putting socks that are still in a ball in the laundry basket
    • And Mr L's very special "continuing to use fabric handkerchiefs and expecting me to put them in the washing machine". Errrr actually I don't want my clothes washed in a solution of your snot and phlegm. That is f*cking disgusting. Use a tissue like everyone else.