1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not the Queens school

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by dixielolls, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Any info on such a school near the Jumeriah area in Dubai? Also can anyone give me any information on good schools for teachers in Dubai/ central Abu Dhabi?

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Avoid 'jewels' in the crown schools.

3. MisterMaker ..I've PM'd you because I'm looking for info on schools in these areas too :)

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

The raison d'etre of the ISR seems to be to slag off the schools in Dubai. They all seem to get a hammering. Are Dubai-based teachers really so fed up and cheesed off?

5. Thanks everyone for your help! knew to avoid the "jewel" schools! have been researching schools for a while and know Dubai quite well but seem to be swinging more to Abu Dhabi at the moment however thought "not the queens school" looked quite promising but will take the HT infomation on board!

6. storm in a tea cup

storm in a tea cup New commenter

Wouldn't say everyone in Dubai is fed up...just wary of where to go. Lots of gossip and people who know others so word travels fast here. You learn the good schools and the ones to avoid. No school is perfect. You have to accept things are very different here and that sometimes drives you mad, but then you have to weigh up the pros. Life is good here, year round sunshine, good holidays, tax free salary and a great social life. It is swings and roundabouts. You need to have your eyes open when coming this way.