1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not the news we wanted....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by salsera, Feb 4, 2007.

1. salsera

salsera New commenter

Not good news - it's terminal - we're devasted.

2. Noja

Noja Senior commenter

Salsera - am there with my dad at the moment - not old - email emmwats at hotmail dot com if you want to talk - am also devastated - praying for you x

3. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

I honestly don't know what to say.
    But I couldn't not post anything having read your news.

Thinking of you all.

4. So so sorry Salsera

You and your family are in my prayers x

5. Salsera,

So sorry to hear the result of todays meeting.

As I said earlier I can't begin to imagine what you're going through but for what it's worth I'm hoping and praying that your Oh has been misdiagnosed.

It won't be easy for any of you. Be true to your feelings and shout, scream, cry and laugh as much as you all need to when you need to. If you can focus on the good things and know that there are people here you can sound off to 24/7.

I wish things were different for you all.

And I hope you don't mind if I include your family in my prayers.

6. Thinking of you, OH and the children.

Pixie

7. Alena

Alena New commenter

Oh Salsera, I have spent the whole day thinking about you and I am so sorry to hear your terrible news. I don't know what else to say but you are in my thoughts.

Alena xxx

8. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

9. Salsera - you, your OH and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

10. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Very sorry to read this. Prayers with you and your family. x

11. CJL

CJL New commenter

((((((((((((Salsera and all her family)))))))))))))))

I am devastated to hear your news and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

A good friend died leaving her husband and two young children about 18 months ago.

I pray that you will all have strength and spend positive days as well as sad ones. Your husband will want as long as possible with his family.My friend broadcast on radio 5 a series about dealing with her illness which touched many.

Hospices are wonderful places I have since raised money for our local hospice which helped my friend and her whole family.

Take care of yourself,

CJx

12. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

13. Just caught up with this thread - so, so sorry for you all.
    I can't imagine what you're all going though right now.

14. So very sorry to hear your news. I had been hoping so much that it would be better news. Nothing anyone can say can really help at this time. Stay close. Your children will keep you strong. Love and prayers to you all.

15. Nothing I can say to make this better. I wish there was though.

My thoughts and hopes are with you.

x

16. ((()))
    x

17. janemk

janemk New commenter

Salsera, I have no idea what to say. I don't know you but I feel as though I do, especially belonging to our little tight-knit community on MFL, and I have been hoping against hope that this wouldn't be the news. I am so upset for you. You know we are all here for you.

Jane
    xx

18. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Salsera - I don't know you at all but I'm thinking of you and your family. Best wishes to you all.

19. So sorry to hear of your news.
    xx

20. I'm so so sorry, salsera. Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you, along with so many on here.

I know what you are going through and so many on here have been touched by this dreadful disease either directly or in circumstances akin to your own. Hope it's ok if I offer some prayers up for you.

Thinking practically - are you being helped with offers of support e.g. Macmillan?

Lots of love
    xx