1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not the news we wanted....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by salsera, Feb 4, 2007.

1. thinking of you salsera - bestfriend diagnosed with leukeamia in past few days - her daughter (my god daughter) is 20months old.
    life is so unfair - i have nothing but admiration for anyone who's having to deal with something like this.
    i hope things work out for you - butplease don't think you've failed if you can't keep the "brave" face on - you have every right to shout, scream and cry about this! ((()))

2. Salsera, if you would like me to add ur OH name to my list when i do my run then please let me know. Will run on his behalf.
    Ally
    xx

3. salsera

salsera New commenter

Thank you - thought are with you as well Mrs Hfuf...((()))

Thanks Ally - because of your original thread I am also doing the run - for himx

4. Good luck, im sure you will do him proud!

5. I am so sorry to hear that, Salsera-my thoughts are with you and your friends and relatives.

6. Best wishes to you both.
    Will light (non-denominational) candle for you this evening.

7. salsera

salsera New commenter

So here we go - deep breath - we get the full diagnosis this afternoon.
    x

8. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

(((((((((((((((sals)))))))))))))))))

9. Salsera,

Good luck for this afternoon.

I've been with my new man since early November. At the beginning of December he was diagnosed with a lymphoma. I won't say I understand what you're going through as we don't have the benefit of the shared history but I DO know how **** it feels to see someone youlove in pain, and not be able to do anything.

Hopefully today will give you some options. Knowledge is power.

I will be thinking about you, him and the children. Again, good luck and God bless.

10. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

Lots of luck to you for this afternoon.

You know where we are if you need us.

11. Thinking of you.

12. ricjamclick

ricjamclick New commenter

I hope you get past this soon, salsera. It sounds terrible, and the situation with the kids appears to be the most difficult part for you... what to tell them, how and when. It must be very difficult to live minute to minute with all this.

Sorry to hear about it... do take care. I am thinking of you.

13. Thinking of you today.

14. salsera,

Very sorry to read your news. Is there any chance you could go to church to reflect/pray? Have an hour to yourself?

15. Thinking about you all, Salsera

xx

16. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Be strong and take care. x

17. gudrun

gudrun New commenter

thinking of you....you are not alone...you will soon find out whatever the outcome how loved you are best wishes

18. ((((Salsera)))) All the best for this afternoon. I am a cancer survivor. Treatments are much better these days. 17months ago I was where your OH is at now. Stay strong. When you feel the time is right tell the kids. They are stronger than we are. Just looking at your children gives one a strong will to fight. Thots and prayers are with you and your family

19. (((((((((((Salera and OH)))))))))))))))

Thinking about you. My Dad is a cancer survivor and have just found out a good friend is suffering from breast cancer. I spent Sunday Jazzercising for The Koman Foundation for the Cure. The cure is coming...there a thousands all over the world working on it and raising the funds for it. We are there for you when you need support, to vent or just to talk. Prayers and thoughts.
    No matter what the outcome we are all here to fight with you.

20. Salsera - just read your thread.

So sorry to read about your husband's illness. I am sure it is a great strain for you to try and remain postive and upbeat.

I hope the test results and further consultations bring you, your husband and family hope for a full recovery. (Many people are treated successfully for cancers...)

Best wishes for swift treatment and a good outcome.

Thinking of you.