1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not the news we wanted....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by salsera, Feb 4, 2007.

1. salsera

salsera New commenter

In Decemeber I posted on a thread that my husband had been going for tests because he had swollen glands....
    .....turns out he has cancer.
    Not the news we expectd as all. I was so sure that everything was going to be ok - looks like you can be too hopeful.
    x

2. salsera

salsera New commenter

In Decemeber I posted on a thread that my husband had been going for tests because he had swollen glands....
    .....turns out he has cancer.
    Not the news we expectd as all. I was so sure that everything was going to be ok - looks like you can be too hopeful.
    x

3. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Oh dear. This must have come as an awful shock to you both. The medics can do amazing things these days so please try not to give up hope. I hope it has been caught in time and that he receives all the best treatment.
    x

4. Salsera xx Thinking of you x

5. salsera

salsera New commenter

we know we have to be positive and will be once we get over this initial shock. We are trying to keep motions in check at the moment as we have to young children and will tel them when we know everything with regards treatment etc.
    x

6. salsera - my heart goes out to you, your husband and your children. Hope everything works out for your family x

7. impis

impis New commenter

The medics are making advances in cancer care all the time. I know the initial reaction is to panic, and automatically assume it's a death sentence. As time goes on, though, you will be more able to make informed choices about what happens next. In the meantime, consider yourselves both hugged.

8. What a terrible shock for you all.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

(((salsera)))

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

((((((((((((((((((((((((salsera)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Anything I can do, let me know.

10. salsera, I assume that he has Hodkinson's then? Cancer of the lymph nodes? If so, take heart from the fact is it very treatable and I know plenty of people who have got through it.

Lots of hugs and good thoughts.

11. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thinking of you both, hope the NHS pulls out all stops!!

12. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Salsera: thinking of you both. I'm sure you and he will fight this!

13. gudrun

gudrun New commenter

i can remember posting 2 years ago with a non-serious health worry..that turned out to be cancer too....but you will get through it....treatment is improving all the time and far more people live and survive with cancer these days....i recommend seeing if the re are any support groups online or in the real worls cos they can help and ask all those sorts of questions that only people going through it can ask.....thinking of you This too wil pass...xx

14. Thoughts are with you. So sorry for your troubles.

15. Alena

Alena New commenter

((((Salsera))))

Thinking of you and your family. Let me know if I can help you in any way, even if it is just havig someone anonymous to talk to.

alenarousell8@hotmail.co.uk

Wishing you all the best.

Alena

16. (((Salsera & family)))
    xx

17. gosh Salsera how awful for you all!

Hope all treatment offered is positive and soon he be back mended!

Please remember he has the illness but you will need lots of support too! Sometimes it is just as hard for the partner as it is for the patient, so take every bit of help/support/etc from anyone who offers!

Wishing you both the best of luck and love!

flobb xx

18. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Salsera. All the best to you both xx

19. bnm

bnm

All the best to you both, salsera.

20. Best wishes to you both.