1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

not shortlisted for prep

Discussion in 'Independent' started by manuscript2007, Jun 23, 2012.

1. manuscript2007

manuscript2007 New commenter

Hi all
    Im a HoD being made redundant as school scraps music and need a job. Have applied for 7, interviewed for 5 including indie senior school. Two prep schools have not shortlisted me...anyone got suggestions why?
    I have taught in indie before and can do all the extra curricular stuff standing on my head.
    Is it an issue over secondary vs primary trained? How can I overcome this and get shortlisted next time?

2. manuscript2007

Hi all
    Im a HoD being made redundant as school scraps music and need a job. Have applied for 7, interviewed for 5 including indie senior school. Two prep schools have not shortlisted me...anyone got suggestions why?
    I have taught in indie before and can do all the extra curricular stuff standing on my head.
    Is it an issue over secondary vs primary trained? How can I overcome this and get shortlisted next time?

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I once found out I wasn't shortlisted because the school had appointed a head of year who taught my subject in the meantime, so as a result the post was no longer available.
    Recently, we had some people apply for a post who were overqualified, so we didn't shortlist (the person had been a headteacher and the post was for a subject teacher, so massive step backward).
    I think I'd look at why you didn't get the five for which you were shortlisted, as that must be more frustrating, to be honest...

4. manuscript2007

1 I pulled out, didnt like the school
    2 they wanted specific ict programmes which I dont have experience in
    3 I said music too much, if id said performing arts I would have got it
    4 head is psycho, long story
    5 gave it to cheaper nqt

In all cases the job has gone to someone at least ten grand cheaper than me....now THAT is frustrating