1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not prosecuting Abbott is racist and sexist - white blokes would be prosecuted

Discussion in 'Personal' started by binaryhex, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

London Overground is operated by TfL and has the same byelaws as the 'tube', DLR etc.

Only services rum by other rails companies are subject to the National Railway Byelaws

https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/terms-and-conditions/byelaws

Pomza and nomad like this.
  2. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

I knew it!! It is a Far Right plot to discredit Ms Abbott, an otherwise blameless and highly respected politician.

border_walker and nomad like this.
  3. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

monicabilongame likes this.
  4. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Lead commenter

If the cap fits....

It certainly looks like Mr Neville was stalking her, hoping to get film of her doing something he could splash on t'Internet. Pity she gave him the opportunity.

5. MAGAorMIGA

Diane Abbott - from a working class family, daughter of a welder and a nurse, she became one of the first-ever black MP’s elected in Britain. And she’s the longest serving black MP in the country, serving her community for 32 years.

She has consistently voted in favour of women’s rights and LGBTQ rights. She’s consistently voted to raise disability and carer benefits, and consistently voted in favour of jobs and opportunities for young people.

She's the founder of the Schools And The Black Child initiative, which raises educational achievement among black children. She’s worked to raise minority representation in parliament. She set up a cross-party committee to investigate youth gun crime, and she’s the chair of the All Party Parliamentary British-Caribbean Group.

She receives more hate mail, death threats and rape threats than any other MP. Half of all hate mail sent to female MP’s is sent to Diane Abbott.

Despite that she’s served her community for 32 years. In her last election she won her constituency by a majority of over 75%

6. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

she is racist. She should have been out on her ear decades ago, why has she been allowed to get away with blatent, public racism?

7. Oscillatingass

As I keep saying, her judgement leaves a lot to be desired which is of course slightly worrying if she ever did become a Cabinet Minister. If I thought people were "out to get me" I would avoid boozing on the underground.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Mr Neville did not take the photograph of Abbott. He only commented on it when it was posted on Twitter.

9. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Thank you for posting Abbott's CV.

Not sure what all that has to do with her drinking alcohol on a TFL train.

10. Oscillatingass

I think the implication is that as long as you have done lots of good things and you are Shadow Home Secretary, it is fine to drink alcohol on the underground despite the bylaws forbidding it. A second implication is that if you think Abbott's behaviour is anything other than perfectly fine you must be a fascist ("if the cap fits")

nomad likes this.
  11. MAGAorMIGA

No, I'm pointing out that to describe her as "a pathetic individual" and "racist" is not borne out by her long career of public service in which she has indisputably made the world a better place.

12. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

@binaryhex Do you have any stats on how many people have been prosecuted under the No Alcohol rule? It might be interesting to see, given the wording of the title of this thread.

13. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I think it's relevant to @dunnocks' assertion that she despises Diane Abbott for everything she's ever said and done.

14. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Is that a typo or a Freudian slip?
    :D

Rott Weiler likes this.
  15. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

we are talking about a woman who complained about not wanting to be treated by nurses with blond hair and blue eyes.

I will never understand why her political career survived 5 minutes after that statement.

and there are people on here who put the word racist in quotation marks, and say the allegation isn't borne out!?

16. MAGAorMIGA

I was quoting you.

17. MAGAorMIGA

She didn't say what you alleged, anyway. She wrote in her local paper, the Hackney Gazette, in 1996, that her local hospital should not be recruiting Finnish nurses:
    ``I am sure that these young women are charming. But they are basically here to improve their English and are unlikely to give the British health service a lifetime's commitment.''
    She didn't say anything about them treating her. So, no, I don't think your allegation IS borne out, because it's highly inaccurate and distorted.

monicabilongame likes this.
  18. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

she complained that blond haired blue eyed finnish nurses are not suitable for treating black people

she said "becasue west Indian Mums will go to the wall for their children", when explaining how she justified sending her child to a private school after slating other people for doing the same.

She said "white people like to play divide and rule"

She has singlehandedly set the fight against racism back years

nomad likes this.
  19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

What's that?

20. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Hours of fun....

EmanuelShadrack and MAGAorMIGA like this.