1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not prosecuting Abbott is racist and sexist - white blokes would be prosecuted

Discussion in 'Personal' started by binaryhex, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

The issue is that "the many saints" on this site are not well known politicians from whom one would expect a higher standard of behaviour.

nomad and LondonCanary like this.
  2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Quite but many are teachers who have to adhere to certain standard of behaviour even though not subject to standards in public life analysis in the same way We make those calls and live with the consequences should any arise.

nomad likes this.
  3. Robfreeman

Robfreeman Occasional commenter

I've actually only done two of those things I feel like I lack life experience.

I don't think its saint like behaviour or hypocricy some people are expressing. Also its not illegal to drink in public unless a control order (pspo they are called). The issue is this person is the shadow home secretary who at some point could end up setting policies for law enforcement. The alcohol ban on the tube is known about and she chose to ignore it.

The message this sends is that the person who could possibly set policy for the police feels they don't have to follow the rules themselves. It may be petty and it will blow over shortly.

needabreak and dunnocks like this.
  4. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

my utter contempt for this pathetic individual is based on everything I have heard her say and everything I have seen her do. I have no personal dealings with her, its purely her pubic behaviour that leaves me shaking my head in disbeleif that she has never been banned from public office, or prosecuted.

Of all the idiots we have prancing around the house of commons right now, she is the most irresponsible, the most racist, the most incompetant and the biggest single bar to labour winning an election.

Labour might have won the last election without her.

5. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

who has smeared her? nobody has smeared her. She has 100% smeared herself

nomad and needabreak like this.
  6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I adhere, at all times, to the highest of standards.

mothorchid likes this.
  7. nomad

nomad Star commenter

To be honest, I suspect she did it without thinking or taking particular notice of the signs.

It was a very hot day and I have no doubt the trains were stifling. Had I been in on a TFL train on that day, and thirsty, I suspect I may have done the same (albeit with a can of lager rather than a can of mojito) but then I am not a politician and of little consequence to the public eye.

8. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Was it the 'tube'? Wasn't it the London Overground? Which is virtually identical to National Rail....where one CAN legally drink?;)

9. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Are there signs saying one can't drink alcohol on London Overground? Honest question as l don't remember seeing any...

10. nomad

nomad Star commenter

In London, Transport for London has a policy in place that bans passengers fromdrinking alcohol or carrying open containers of alcohol on public transport – this includes buses, trams, trains, tubes and Docklands Light Railway (DLR).

11. nomad

nomad Star commenter

TfL has responsibility for London's network of principal road routes, for various rail networks including the London Underground, London Overground, Docklands Light Railway and TfL Rail. It does not control National Rail services in London, however, but does for London's trams, buses and taxis, for cycling provision, and for river services.

12. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Signs in every carriage, in station buildings and on station platforms, like this (almost always a three-part sign saying "No smoking, No alcohol, CCTV in operation" with pictograms for slow readers, although there are also often full size posters reminding passengers of the alcohol ban):

[​IMG]

upload_2019-4-22_8-43-14.jpeg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    nomad likes this.
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

So if someone speeds you don't think they should suffer a consequence just so Abbot can have a little tipple on the train? Because that's the really strong implication of your post.

And are you trapped in the 19th century? pre-marital intercourse? Why sir, to even suggestion such a calumny!

imbibed illegal drugs? This seems to be commonly accepted these days... out running, the smell of cannabis is now a common incidence for me. And walking past a smoker seems to be a 50/50 chance of it being tobacco or cannabis. Now if I could get the neighbours lad to stop throwing his cannabis fagends into my garden... but all that is acceptable because Abbot wants a tipple on a train.

nomad likes this.
  14. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

15. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Looks like she had more than just one! :D

Oscillatingass and les25paul like this.
  16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Farage bought the rest.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  17. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I see the ex-police inspector Mike Neville, who shopped Diane Abbott, resigned from the force while under investigation for his activities on Twitter, including comparing gay equality to Nazi Germany, and ranting about migrants "who have turned London into a foreign city."

sparkleghirl and monicabilongame like this.
  18. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Thank you youmight wish to call me saint oldy :D
    Of all your comments i will only plead guilty to speeding.and thats because the police caught me ..somaybe I am a lesser saint? :(

19. peakster

peakster Star commenter

They didn't get you for abuse of a dictionary then ?

EmanuelShadrack and oldsomeman like this.
  20. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Yes I remember reading that. Sadly he'd probably be in good company with one or two posters here, including the OP by the sound of it.

On the other hand, at least some posters who are not fans of Diane Abbott or indeed of the Labour Party have taken a more measured approach to this incident.