1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not paid for last week of supply teaching :(!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by welshchocoholic1, Aug 20, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

I wasn't paid for the last week of supply teaching, and when I rang up my agency to double check that there hadn't been a mistake etc, they confirmed that I hadn't been paid, and should have been.
    The reason that I wasn't paid was that apparently the school hadn't ticked one of the boxes. To be fair to the school, it was a long term placement, and this was the first time that they have done this, but obviously as it is now the summer holidays I can't get hold of anyone.
    All the usual agency people that I deal with are on holiday, so the agency wont pay me, and says that it is a legal requirement for the school to tick the box. Is this right - that it's a legal requirement? I would look at my contract with them but it is in the place I am moving to for my new job! Just a bit annoyed that I can't sort it out, especially when I am moving etc! Has anyone else ever had this problem? Thanks

2. scientist555

scientist555 New commenter

Maybe so, but it is also a requirement from your contact that they pay you on time in full. Speak to your union, the regional offices should be open over the summer.

3. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Union of course, but have you tried the school? In most I know someone will be there most weekdays,...