1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not observed during Ofsted

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by miss may, Dec 18, 2012.

1. miss may

miss may New commenter

We have had a full Ofsted inspection and I wasn't observed at all during the 2 days. Is this normal practice? Have been trying to decide why it might be and queried it with my Head who said she thought I was 'overlooked'. What do you think this means?

2. It is quite unusual because Ofsted make their judgements on as many pieces of evidence as possible...supposedly.
    It could be a genuine mistake. Don't worry about it!
    In my first year at a new school, I wasn't observed. Sometimes NQTs are not observed either but I would suggest that this is getting rarer nowadays.

3. Do you teach in primary or secondary? If it is secondary, they do not see everybody as they would not have the time.
    I wouldn't read anything into it - you just haven't been seen!
    The report can only comment on what they have observed.

4. miss may

miss may New commenter

Thanks for the replies. I teach in a primary school and I'm not an NQT. And I'm trying not to worry about it!!

5. Count yourself lucky! You seem to be trying to over-analyse a situation which is clearly based on statistics. As has already been said percentages etc - count yourself lucky - have you any experience with the new OFSTED framework?! Yikes!!!

6. Teapot83

Teapot83 New commenter

I've had 3 OFSTEDs and never been seen!! However, I work in a Church school so will be seen by the church inspectors.