1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not much left to live for

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by tulving, Mar 15, 2016.

1. walkingfred

walkingfred Occasional commenter

Was thinking about you all day. Glad to hear you managed to see a doctor. Take care and don't think about work!

2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Stay strong, stay positive.

The longest journey starts with a single step, and you've taken it. Stay in touch. x

pepper5, Lara mfl 05 and Jesmond12 like this.
  3. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Also thinking of you. Take care and try not to worry. I know it is difficult but things will eventually improve. One day at a time...

ValentinoRossi and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  4. snowflakesfalling

snowflakesfalling Occasional commenter

Please give Samaritans a ring. Yes it is hard to say these things out loud but you will feel better having said them. Your TES friends are here for you. They were here for me.

slingshotsally and FlyingFoxBat like this.
  5. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Thinking of you and sending you hugs. Xx

slingshotsally likes this.
  6. rtanyac

rtanyac New commenter

Tulving, I really hope you find a much better school, as they are out there. Your post, and the replies from such caring people, have moved and also encouraged me with my own job situation. xxx

7. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

Been thinking about you since I read your post yesterday and hoping that everything went well at the doctors. So glad you've been signed off for a month. As other have said it will take time for you to get better but you are on the road to recovery now and things will get better. We're all here for you day or night. I'm in SE Asia so if you're up in the night and want to post, I'll be around to reply :) Take care of yourself.

8. agathamorse

agathamorse Senior commenter

I've been where you are and I'm so pleased that you have taken the first step to recovery. It does take time so be kind to yourself. I eventually resigned from my Academy upon my staged return to work (which they thought would only last one day, not the 4 weeks the GP recommended!) I have since done two long-term maternity covers in wonderful schools and only been out of work when I felt I needed the rest. Am about to start another long-term cover in another wonderful school where people treat you as a person. Things will get better! Hang on in there!

9. igoumen

igoumen New commenter

So glad to hear that you've been signed off and have some time to get well. Please don't feel trapped. No job is worth the stress you are feeling. I don't know whereabouts in the country you are, but I was never short of work doing supply for two years and like others have said, there are often longer term supply jobs available or maternity covers, if that appeals because of continuity. Take care. Sending huge hugs.

slingshotsally and FlyingFoxBat like this.
  10. FlyingFoxBat

FlyingFoxBat New commenter

I really hope you're feeling a bit better and are receiving the support you need in 'RL'. igoumen's right- no job's worth this. Just remember that you have other options and things will get better. I've also suffered from severe depression and thought that I'd never get come through the other side. Thankfully, I'm doing better now and feel more able to see a way forward. I'm sending big hugs too xx.

xandrahuk and slingshotsally like this.
  11. mapledrop

mapledrop New commenter

So glad you saw the GP. Now rest and relax and try not to think of work. Take all the time you need to recover. You're on the path to getting better.... great things are ahead :)

12. bed

bed New commenter

I have lived through a nightmare - and the important thing is that I'm still here.

Part of suffering anxiety and depression - as you are - is that your perception of your situation and the future isn't objective or real.

Your health is far more important than anything else - because without it you have nothing else.
    Listen to Dr's advice and take it - accept medication - even if its short term and make sure you get some counselling.

I didn't take to the Teachers Network support line - it didn't suit me, but get your GP to get you some counselling and use it.

You say you don't have much family - so turn to the family you do have.
    If they were in your position you would help them unreservedly - as they will you.

Please let us know how you're doing.
    xx

ValentinoRossi likes this.
  13. tulving

tulving New commenter

Hi everyone, first day on the meds feeling a little drowsy but overall I'm glad that I am doing something to get better. Taking each day as it comes and the advice on here is brilliant I actually feel like others understand how I feel. then I guess nobody but us understands the stress we go through. I reached out to an old friend earlier and I am going to her house for tea tonight which is nice as I haven't felt the need to cook for just myself. Hugs to all of you and thanks for your kindness xxx

bob79, mill12, sabrinakat and 12 others like this.
  14. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Fantastic!

15. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent news @tulving , as posters were very concerned about you.

Best wishes for the getting better to go on getting better!

16. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

That is great news. Have a good evening.

17. Sally_90

Sally_90 Occasional commenter

So glad that you're getting some help now.Enjoy your evening.I'm thinking of you too x

18. Anonymity

Anonymity Occasional commenter

Now look after yourself xx

19. Cooperuk

Cooperuk Senior commenter

Glad to hear you are feeling a little more chipper.

Keep taking the pills - mine took a while to kick in so don't expect an instant fix.

Thinking of you.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  20. Billie73

Billie73 Occasional commenter

Drowsy is good because it's your brain repairing itself. I slept for pretty much the whole of the first week I was signed off and still nap now. It's lovely to be able to indulge so don't feel guilty about it because you clearly need it.

My mum always says everything feels better after a sleep and it's true!