1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not much left to live for

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by tulving, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Tinycat1234

Tinycat1234 Established commenter

Brilliant to hear and well done you!!

2. Liv1243

Liv1243 New commenter

Things can and do change. This really interests me.

I was in a similar position to you years ago and also had an awful break up with my partner of 12 years. I broke down. Fast forward to now. I’m with the love of my life. Thank goodness we split up otherwise I wouldn’t have met my soul mate!

However, I just moved to a school where I’m being bullied and worried that I won’t get another job now. Perhaps I need to leave teaching . I love the job but this has really devastated me. All the hard work and to feel someone wants to ruin your career just because they take a disliking to you.

I feel so depressed but I’ve been trying to hide it from my friends and family. I don’t want them to worry. I don’t want to bring the dark cloud home and the fact that they don’t know seems to help. I don’t want to talk about it endlessly .

Perhaps a career change is needed. I still love teaching so I don’t know what to do.

I’m so glad you’ve got through. I know how devastating a break up can be. All these things can make you stronger and sometimes they pave the way for something better

3. computingteacher3

computingteacher3 New commenter

It seems as though teaching is coming to just bullies at work place.

If i may ask- what subject do ypu teach?(out of interest)

They say there are shortsge of teachers but nothing gets done in these situations. I can say i'm in a similar boat.

slingshotsally likes this.
  4. Liv1243

Liv1243 New commenter

I’m in primary and there are quite a lot of jobs around. Everyone I know, friends, people I trained with, have now all left teaching

pepper5 and slingshotsally like this.
  5. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Isn't this your answer?

BTW if your partner were having problems at work, wouldn't you want to know?

slingshotsally likes this.
  6. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Tulving, you started this post in March 2016. A long time has gone by and we would love to know if life is better for you now, and what did you do? I hope you can come back and tell us that things are much better now. I would say that many of us have had things very bad sometimes in life that it seems unbearable, but somehow or other you get over them and life goes on. You have a really good supportive group of friends on TES who would do anything to help you as we know how you must feel. Come and tell us good news now.

Curae likes this.
  7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

@JosieWhitehead unfortunately Tulving hasn't been seen since Jun 9 2017 but on this thread back in Feb. 2017 she posted
    post 393.

8. Curae

Curae Star commenter

A lovely ending . Sending my love to you Lara and another woman of great substance you know well. I was only today thinking of you both and remain so impressed with your mutual support and obviously the support you both provide / provided here on TES.
    I wish you both and OP continued health and happiness.
    Much love
    CURAE xx

Sundaytrekker and pepper5 like this.
  9. Pmcca309

Pmcca309 New commenter

Curae likes this.
  10. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Thank you Curae. I'm impressed you ever remember me. There are so many others who provide great support on here and I wonder who the 'other one' you were thinking of is, as I can think immediately of 2 well-known figures who helped many on here but suspect you may not be able to mention them by name.

Curae and Sundaytrekker like this.
  11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

One of them - I really miss.

12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

As do we all!

13. Nealswife

Nealswife Occasional commenter

Believe it or not, schools, Academies are run as businesses - you are a cog in the wheel and you can be disposed of - never think that they worry about your and your well being if they are shutting you out - you need help now, not later as it will impact on your life - and look for another job, even to give yourself a break from all this hellish situation. Things will get better but in time and you will be fine, if you get some support and help now. Helpines are really good and there for people like us, who are trapped by professionalism and commitments....look after yourself first - speak to GP as well...hopefully done so already. And don't give up - this is a bad phase.

pepper5 likes this.
  14. Nealswife

Nealswife Occasional commenter

Tulvig - I hope you are ok - bad stuff happens and bad days, come and go....I just hope you have managed to sort something out to carry on and remember, the good times in life too. You deserve better, not always easy but there is so much to go on for and support here. I just wondered if you were ok and hope you are safe.