1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not interested in 'Hot' girls in my area ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kinsa, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I get about 6 - 10 spam messages every day inviting me to look at 'hot pics' or asking me if 'really horny' is unusual etc etc.
    Is there a way of getting rid of such stuff? On the plus side, they have given up asking if I want ****** or a penile enlargement!

2. I get about 6 - 10 spam messages every day inviting me to look at 'hot pics' or asking me if 'really horny' is unusual etc etc.
    Is there a way of getting rid of such stuff? On the plus side, they have given up asking if I want ****** or a penile enlargement!

3. Mark them as spam.

4. They arrive in my Spam folder with a different name every time . I just delete them, but am finding it increasingly irritating!

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

your lucky at my age the dont bother sending me the hot girl come hither look......i occasioanally get hot grannies looking though! lol

6. Why do you look in your spam folder?!

7. 'Cos sometimes I find things that I want to receive like survey type things. How can I trust my computer always to do the right thing? Plus I am too nosy to ignore it!!

8. oldsomeman

because amazingly some things i want end up in there...despite my sayig to folks to put on certain headers/////the spam selector is not in fallible!

9. they should die off after a while if you delete them without opening them, but this stuff comes in waves as some new scam site opens deep in the bowels of eastern europe

10. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

If a survey group sends you e-mails that go to your Spam folder, then you can click the 'un-junk' button and they will be sent to your normal in-box in future.
    I have recently had a few e-mails slip through the filter (only on my Hotmail account - the other ones seem to have a more efficient filter!) telling me how exciting my photos are and asking me to get in touch.....I don't post photos, the only pictue I have is my TES avatar - so maybe they are big fans of slow-cooking?!!!

11. oldsomeman

wonders if his lustful emails get through to bethannie.....I bet she barrs me and spams me !

12. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I used to get loads asking if I'm interested in penile enlargement (no) and, like you Kinsa, they come through under different names/topics so by-pass the spam filter with apparent ease!
    After binning them repeatedly they did, eventually stop.
    I shall, of course, be gutted should I ever actually need a penile enlargement! [​IMG]

13. I also had loads of repeated spam offering me penile enlargements (not much use for women!), ****** and others with more disturbing titles - despite constantly spamming them - they'd just send it from a new e-mail address. I ended up just setting up a new e-mail address and making sure I signed up to fewer mailing lists.
    I hate to say it but the surveys you sign up to may be where they're getting your details from.
    Good luck with it.

14. Thanks for that. My partner doesn't get any of the 'hot' babe stuff (much to his disappointment) and he doesn't do surveys. However, he used to get all the penile enlargement etc stuff. I had assumed that somehow my email address had been passed on, and you have confirmed my suspicions.