1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not getting April parties....

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by cj2105, Nov 4, 2019.

1. cj2105

cj2105 New commenter

Title should read 'not getting April payrise'.... damn autocorrect!

I work at a school that is undergoing a merger. During a meeting today with HR, we were told that if we accept being 'matched in' to our promoted post in the new school we will retain a conserved salary for 3 years (the post has been job sized lower at the new school) but will not be entitled to the April pay rise as we have avvaptes our current salary staying the same for 3 years. We were told the unions etc have all agreed to this and it is national guidelines but it seems madness.

Anyone been in a similar situation and fought this?

2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Established commenter

Sounds like you need your union(s) to clarify things for you.

Freddie92 and bonxie like this.
  3. GuessWho

GuessWho Occasional commenter

As I understand it....If you are on say £45,000 then are jobsized down to say £42,000 then you will be conserved at £45k for 3 years (with no rises) and then you will go to £42k ( which with rises will have increased)

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Does this mean you would not get a pay rise for the next 3 years?

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

As bigjimmy2 has said,you need the unions to explain it properly (go through the figures with you),not just say "it's the way it's done". Why are the posts job sized lower if 2 schools are merging? I would expect the new school to have more pupils and the HoFs to have more staff in their faculties.