1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Not even a single job interview call

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by dkarana, Mar 26, 2011.

1. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I am from outside UK with few years of
    teaching experience..I am currently doing my PGCE .I have all my
    education from other country and my degrees are at par with Uk's.I have
    applied for few jobs and havent got the interview call as yet.Can you
    guys suggest what could be the possible reason for this?I am highly
    frustrated because of this.
    Thank you

2. Hi,

I'm from the UK, currently studying for my PGCE and I've applied for 4 jobs and not received an interview from any of them. That's just the way it is these days, so hard to find even get an interview let alone jobs.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Probably because the majority of jobs for Seopt. have yet to be advertised. The busy period is post Easter to coincide with the teacher resignation date of end of May. This means many Heads do not know their staffing arrangements until current teacchers are past the resignation date. There is a regional and phase aspect to teacher opportunities and last weeks TES had an article about opportunities which is well worth a read.
    In addition if you require a work permit to be employed you may well find some schools would not consider this a viable option.

4. I'm afraid that its just the job situation at the minute. To many NQTs and not enough jobs for them. Alot of people struggle to get a job, have a look on the supply/unemployed forums. Sorry to be miserable, at least you're starting to apply early on. More jobs come up after Easter.

5. Too bad you can breath at all MM. What a patronising *****. Please check my English and use your imagination for what the word could be. After all, you could befit many.

6. breathe

7. quietlydetermined

quietlydetermined New commenter

I think middlemarch has asked a very fair and prudent question. It was a question I wanted to ask but I could not think of a sensitive way to do it, and I think middlemarch managed it very well.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Me as well.

It would be the most likely reason for no interviews, assuming the application meets all the person spec and references are good.

9. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Please yourself what you think. I was thinking of making a suggestion that might just help.
    What does 'befit' mean in the context of your sentence, by the way?