1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

not enough time !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by MerlinDog, Mar 15, 2012.

1. i lead a team of 2 full time and 2 part time workers in a private preschool of 28 per session in a junior school. we also offer fullday care and shared care with the school nursery as well as wrap around (8 till 6). we have recently had ECERS and are due OFSTED any day =( how do people manage free flow and structured activities,snak,story,group time alongside observations (long and postits) learning journals,assessment (profiles) plus lunch time if we are lucky a whole 20mins all in a 3hour session. we are open 5 days a week and have a total of 50 preschool children on our register. i seem to be playing catch up all the time trying to please parents ,ofsted,ecers,etc etc and the most important people the children are loosing out.so much time is spent on paper work that all the fun has gone =( HELP

2. Sounds like normal school life I'm afraid! It's all gone a bit crazy in the last few years. Strange how time with the children is the bit that seems to have got lost. :(

3. exactly and surely they are the reason we all do this job =) as long as they make progress (for some of our children that can be just being able to play next to another child without hitting/kicking ) and they are happy who needs paper proof =(

4. A - aaargh! B - bureaucracy - boring as batto, C - ****, ****, ****, D - done it all before; deadly dull, E - ever hopeful, ... and on it goes. What next? I am waiting to be inspired that's for sure.