1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not enough spare time to volunteer at school!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Teacher_Jen, Feb 10, 2012.

1. I have a place secured for next year however i wanted to carry on volunteering at the primary school I've been at since September.
    I enjoy myself there although its a very difficult school. However at the moment I'm juggling a part time job, re taking my maths gcse and my up coming driving test.

I feel bad that I haven't been able to make every week and also that its helpful for when I begin the course in sept.
    I just wish I had more time to spare!

2. I have a place secured for next year however i wanted to carry on volunteering at the primary school I've been at since September.
    I enjoy myself there although its a very difficult school. However at the moment I'm juggling a part time job, re taking my maths gcse and my up coming driving test.

I feel bad that I haven't been able to make every week and also that its helpful for when I begin the course in sept.
    I just wish I had more time to spare!

3. Stop moaning and get your **** in there. Those kids need you.

That was a joke. You'll be busy enough next year- I'd tell them "thanks for the opportunity" and get the hell out and have some down time whilst you can.