1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Not a job but.....long term supply..maybe...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by grandelf, Nov 3, 2011.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

I have a taster day next Friday for a half term of supply

Going in as a general cover for the day with a meeting with HOF and head.

Any ideas what to expect or do as I will be there with my supply head on.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done!
    Just act as you would normally, showing commitment and enthusiasm and team spirit.
    Read this to remind yourself of all the requirements and benefits of supply. Tick mentally how many of these you have already achieved. Be prepared to reel them off in your meetings.
    Dear Theo- work history too bitty and too much supply- help!
    And just remember all the people on here who are rooting for you, Elfie!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes we are, fingers all crossed!

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Well it would seem that I have a long term supply (or at least until the woman who is currently off sick comes back)

Its going to be a challenge, very difficult school with notice to improve! (gulp)

But I start on Tuesday till Xmas more than likely and beyond if it goes OK/ I want to stay etc.

Will still be keeping my eye out for any real full time jobs though but the wage will come in very useful!

5. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Excellent news Elfie.
    Can understand the gulp :-0, but they must thin you can do it. Excelent, well done. I know what you mean about money coming in handy.
    Hope you enjoy - sounds perfect with the option to stay beyond Christmas if you and the school suit each other.
    Congrats to you :)

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations from me too!
    Long-term (even of indeterminate length) is good as it gets you into the swing of things, you keep up to date and can demonstrate all your strngths. Good for the CV too- I've actually had more interviews recently as I've had several long term sick covers!
    If you do well in a school in special measures you can tackle anything!

7. Hi Grandelf,
    Congrats from me too![​IMG] Well done...
    Being a newbie here and to the world of supply, it's daunting enough dealing with supply challenges.
    In terms of the school being challenging just think of it as a really good learning curve and remember nothing is impossible, you've managed to land a long term contract in this climate, so it's all looking good.
    Just wanted to wish you all the best. Keep us posted.
    Kind regard,
    Pocketrocket

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This is excellent news!
    I am delighted that the school recognised all that you have to offer, Elfie, and has bagged you for their exclusive use.
    Well done - you can feel proud of this, and it merits a Theo Sparkly Star:
    You're a star, a twinkly star!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    You must be feeling SO pleased - and are giving hope to others on here that there are jobs.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars