1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be .....

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by valed, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Time was, this forum was very interesting.....
    And many more have joined [loads of NQTs, a good thing IMO] and kept it so but there seem to be an increasing number of people looking for a fight, merely trying to occupy the forum ....
    ... a bit like 'King of the Castle' ......
    .... it seems one or two have tired of it and left but there remains the odd [sic!] one ....
    No solution, I suppose? Don't want to turn into a cliqyue but how can we keep it clean?

2. Time was, this forum was very interesting.....
    And many more have joined [loads of NQTs, a good thing IMO] and kept it so but there seem to be an increasing number of people looking for a fight, merely trying to occupy the forum ....
    ... a bit like 'King of the Castle' ......
    .... it seems one or two have tired of it and left but there remains the odd [sic!] one ....
    No solution, I suppose? Don't want to turn into a cliqyue but how can we keep it clean?

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Borax and wire wool. Or sarcasm.

4. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

A new mission for your retirement... travel the country in search of said oddballs and give them some coaching [​IMG]

5. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Do not respond to the argumentative ones, unless you fancy an argument[​IMG]

6. Ask to be a moderator. You can censor posts (mine included for sure), ban those who fall foul of netiquette and think of 2-3 positive topics to start each week.
    IMO a forum is one of the best studies of social dynamics ever and even more so when you have teachers who have to stay PC and professional in the real world. They now have a platform to voice their opinion and impose their personalities when anonymous, which for some, alters their true persona (again me included).
    You may also consider the changing landscape of teaching and the challeneges/gripes that brings (and asa result the topics posted)

7. ooh - i've been away - is the water lovely again?

8. Seems to be ..... [​IMG]