1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Northumbria Primary PGCE 2011-12

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by HayleyR88, Feb 23, 2011.

1. I received my offer last week ofr this course, was over the moon, but also stressed out due to funding. Have firmly accepted for now and hoping to save what I can.
    My offer is subject to gaining a 2:1 and a CRB and health check.
    Any others been accepted onto the primary PGCE course? Have the bursary cuts made any difference to your plans?
    Hayley

2. I received my offer last week ofr this course, was over the moon, but also stressed out due to funding. Have firmly accepted for now and hoping to save what I can.
    My offer is subject to gaining a 2:1 and a CRB and health check.
    Any others been accepted onto the primary PGCE course? Have the bursary cuts made any difference to your plans?
    Hayley

3. Hi Hayley, I've also recieved an off for the primary PGCE and funding is stressing me out.
    Are you doing the flexi course? I put down to do it in a year, but now i'm worried that i'll need to continue working atleast part time in my current job. I have some savings but they'll barely cover the tuition fees and if i'd known we wouldnt be entitled to any bursaries I think I would have opted to take longer than a year to complete the course.
    Katie

4. Hi Hayley/Katie,
    I am also doing the flexi route, I am hoping to aplpy for a student loan to cover tuition fees and maybe some maintenance too, through the SLC. If that is unsuccesful, there is also the career development loan which may pay up to 90% of fees.
    I am also hoping to complete in a year. I plan to stay in work till Dec and then complete placements in Jan-feb and easter to July, maybe do some supply as a teaching assistant or a tutor in between feb and easte, to bring some money in as I have 2 children to support.
    I just keep thinking it is one year and if we can get through it will be well worth whatever debt I have to get on to help me achieve it!
    Hope to see you for our first weekend in September.
    Carolyn