1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Northern Ireland PGCEs

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Peanutgirl, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Hiya,
    I'm waiting to hear from Coleraine about a PGCE in Home Economics and I was wondering whether anybody on here from NI has heard, as I'd imagine that both Universities and all courses would be allocated places at similar times?
    I've been waiting on the postman daily so please let me know if you've heard to put my mind at rest a little!! I know for H.E. they said if we're lucky we should know by Easter..
    Best wishes,
    Peanut

2. Hey!

I am in the same boat as you. Had my interview for home-economics on 23rd of Feb. Patiently waiting to hear as well, but I think it could be a while yet before we get any news. I asked on the day and they said maybe around Easter time, but I have heard other people saying it could be even later than that.

How long ago was your interview?

Jane.

3. Hiya Jane :),my interview was on the 7th of March, and I'm not really sure how it went which is probably why I'm so nervous! I felt like it was really rushed and they could have asked more relevant questions; it was more as if they were trying to see how I would react under pressure.. They asked me what I would say if a parent argued with me that H.E. wasn't a good subject because if it worked there would be no obese children.. Which is quite a stupid and difficult question to answer and I felt it took up time when I could have been discussing my experiences etc, so I didn't really think it went too well..also at the end of the interview when she was looking over my GCSE certificates she asked why I'd gotten a C in one of them, which I thought was absolutely ridiculous to bring up, it was in a completely irrelevant subject and I just felt like she was trying to provoke some negative response.
    Anyway, they told me Easter too, I hope the letter arrives this week! Good luck!
    Chrissy

4. Hey,

I am currently waiting to hear from Queens for PGCE. I originally read that it was end of March, but I have now been told that they hadn't received their quota yet, and so it will be a while, so this may be the same as UU!
    Its so frustrating waiting...

Good Luck!
    Rebecca

5. Hey Again,
    Just another bit of new, my friend who has applied for PGCE in Coleraine today received a letter from them. so hopefully you guys will hear soon or have heard!!

Rebecca

6. Have u heard anything yet?