1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

North west supply agency required

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by RebelX, Apr 18, 2012.

1. My subject is Maths and I'm looking to sign up with a supply agency in the North West. Which ones are the best/recommended?

2. My subject is Maths and I'm looking to sign up with a supply agency in the North West. Which ones are the best/recommended?

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

If you want to be paid on the official teachers' payscale, register with the LTA (Lancashire Teaching Agency). They manage supply registrations and work bookings on behalf of Lancashire County Council and it's the LA that pays you.
    The Preston office is 81 Fishergate (also the base for Reed which is the agency that operates as LTA for all placements in Lancashire). If you agree to be sent to schools in Blackburn & Darwen or Blackpool or other areas outside LCC, you are paid a different retae by Reed.
    Preston office No is 01772 200845.
    There is also an office in Lancaster.

4. Appreciate that. What about non payscale and anything Cheshire/Merseyside area as well. I'm well placed in terms of location.

5. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

If you put a CV on one of the job sites you will find them trundling to your door. Not that they may have work. I'm too far the other side of Manchester. If you go on the direct.gov jobs page, quite often the agencies post adverts for longer term temp jobs (which I think are sometimes a trawling ploy) you may get some ideas.

6. I would NOT recommend the agency used by Lancashire in this area. They are openly saying to schools that now they are not the official LA partner they no longer pay to scale and have cut the fees charged to schools, but still make a good profit. This has been described as a "win-win" situation even though their supply staff are VERY unhappy. (They tried to get me to interview for head of dept. in a special school, based in 3 different sites around the county, for £100/day......)
    Where are you on the pay scale? Many agencies around here are reluctant to take on anyone above MPS1.