1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by mpierre7, Dec 29, 2018.

1. mpierre7

mpierre7 New commenter

I know that there has been quite a long thread on this group of schools already but I was wondering if anyone had been through the recruitment process. I have a ‘recruitment day’ in January and was just wondering what to expect.

Thanks in advance!

2. february31st

february31st Established commenter

No two NA schools are similar in anyway, even if they are in the same city! You would think that a large organisation like this would have some common procedures or standards. I would take along examples of teaching resources you use, and photographs of students in your lessons, examples of your students work and most important a sense of humour.

Its going to be a cattle market, keep your cool and go for the jobs, city, school you want and don't be forced into taking any job offered.

3. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

I went last year, was ok, it felt quite relaxed. You start off in a holding room were you register, plenty of seating and probably about max 10 other people in the room, I got chatting to one which helped with the nerves. There is tea/coffee and snacks there, you also hand in your documents there.

The heads come and get you and take you to their suites for the interview, you also can book in for two talks one about NAE and the other about the region, I did South East Asia for example.

I went to the same event 5 years earlier just to meet an old colleague who was interviewing, that felt like a cattle market, this felt a lot more professional and relaxing.

I had two interviews and two talks and was done by 12, had an offer by 2.

4. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

Also agree with the above about NAE, I have worked at 3 of their schools are all are very different in the way they are run and packages

5. mpierre7

mpierre7 New commenter

Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better! I will bring those extra documents with me as they only requested certificates.

6. makhnovite

makhnovite Occasional commenter

They are certainly better than they used to be. With the arrival of the venture capital millions has also come the realisation that a business model based on; **** management, employing young inexperienced yet malleable teachers and filling every available seat with a paying bum was not going to get them a long term return on their investment. While some of this philosophy does remain, they have moved towards offering a decent product that parents/students and staff can buy into. As other posters have said, the Heads at many of the newly acquired schools are given a reasonable amount of autonomy on filling their staffing needs; i.e. the package. One of the good things is that once you are in you can get preferential treatment (guaranteed shortlisting) when applying for jobs in their other schools.

7. nikki2482

nikki2482 New commenter

I have a recruitment day too in a couple weeks. Not sure what to expect or what the chances are. It's a fair old way to London for a rejection!!

8. andersonrachael

andersonrachael New commenter

Does anyone have any experience of applying to the North American group of these schools? Thanks in advance!