1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by NCC-1701-D, Nov 29, 2017.

1. colacao17

colacao17 Occasional commenter

Probably not.

2. loranp

loranp New commenter

I worked for an NAE School. I know of one instance where someone applied for a position and was not offered an interview because the Head had read their posts on TES, where they foolishly used their own name.

3. colacao17

Extrapolation.

4. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

Their job site does lag a bit. However, it does mean that your app is on the move. I had an application then a couple interviews and then crickets. I ended up getting a job somewhere else. A year later, my applications were in the same state.

5. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

Oh yes they do.

T0nyGT likes this.
  6. loranp

loranp New commenter

It's absolutely not. The Head literally told me that that was why, as they knew that I use these forums.

7. colacao17

:rolleyes:
    Extrapolation to take your experience in one school and extrapolate that to mean Every International School in the world.

8. MyOrchid

MyOrchid Occasional commenter

Hi,

I would love to hear people's opinion of the branch in Prague. I interviewed for a NA in Switzerland a couple of years ago but decided against it as the package was not very good. If anyone can comment on the Czech one - school, kids, management, package, living etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Orchid

9. Laura81

Laura81 New commenter

Anyone have any experience of the NA school in Ho Chi Minh?

10. Oli_K

Oli_K New commenter

Depends which one, they have two?

I'll send you a message.

11. seendee

seendee New commenter

Nord Anglia - New school in China- how much salary to negotiate for Music teacher Primary and Secondary school? I have 8 years experiences teaching in international schools.
    Thank you!

12. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

They have a fixed salary scale.

You might be able to swing some stuff like getting a year counted when you weren't yet qualified but working in a school, or UPS (they have their own higher pay scale system), but salaries are not usually up for negotiation.

13. irie15

irie15 New commenter

Does anyone have experience of any of the US NA schools? Any info relating to management, workload, benefits or pay in relation to living costs would be greatly appreciated. Have become slightly dispirited reading some of the posts on this thread about people's bad experiences, but I know that every NA school is distinct and most of the posts here are about the schools in Asia, so I'm holding out hope that the US schools will have better reputations.

14. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

I also would love to know some things, particularly in relation to a school in the big apple. Thanks.

15. february31st

february31st Established commenter

If its a new school in China it will have the word "Bilingual " in the title so a great deal more questions to be ask.

16. claytie

claytie New commenter

And any info on the one in Boston.

17. Niali

Niali New commenter

Hi, could you give me any further details on this? I was considering applying for a role in a bilingual school in China but this has concerned me...

18. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Schools with Bilingual in the title are generally just Chinese private schools that teach an English speaking curriculum. They aren't international schools in the sense that there are different nationalities. The school will be 100% Chinese with some very poor English language skills

19. february31st

february31st Established commenter

I would ask about, daily hours, Saturday working, over 200 contact days, do you get Xmas holidays, just a few to start.

grdwdgrrrl likes this.
  20. englishdragon

englishdragon Occasional commenter

@Niali .......I have sent you a PM