1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by NCC-1701-D, Nov 29, 2017.

1. robertakeys

robertakeys New commenter

Yes please! What happened?

2. robertakeys

robertakeys New commenter

So you feel NA is not very god in the Far East and in China? May I ask why that is?

3. february31st

february31st Established commenter

You just count the number of students who have left the schools in Shanghai in the last couple of years.

4. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Occasional commenter

It's unfair to judge the whole of the Nord Anglia Education group, which consists of 60+ international schools in 25+ countries , based declining student numbers in one city...

5. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

Robert I have sent you a private message.

6. february31st

february31st Established commenter

When you have worked "Overseas" as long as I have, you know exactly what NA are all about in the education business. Profit, Profit, Profit and Money in that order.

Teachallover likes this.
  7. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

8. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Not only students...

9. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

Not only students, and not only Shanghai....

mermy and Teachallover like this.
  10. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

It is not so cut and dried. I have friends in Myanmar and Bkk that work for NA schools. The one in Bangkok has a very well respected and strong head master. He really prioritizes the well-being of the teachers and is passionate about building a community. This I have witnessed.
    In Myanmar, so far, my friend is getting support and opportunities for professional development. It is a big company, but it’s really down to who runs the individual schools. And yes, other of their schools have had big problems. So many weak leaders out there.

11. bubblegirl83

bubblegirl83 New commenter

Very happy to discuss in a Conversation.