1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by NCC-1701-D, Nov 29, 2017.

1. tk212

tk212 New commenter

Could you PM me too

2. tk212

tk212 New commenter

Hi can you PM me please

andersonrachael likes this.
  3. teacher1332

teacher1332 New commenter

I’ve sent you a PM Willow.

4. DylanDa

DylanDa New commenter

I've worked at two in Europe. Very different experiences. Central Eastern school fine, Swiss a disaster. See makhnovite,Jan 25, 2018, for a good summary of the NAE ethos/problem.

5. Sanz1981

Sanz1981 Occasional commenter

Anything on Qatar?

6. teacher1332

I have sent you a PM.

7. DylanDa

DylanDa New commenter

Not received it yet.

8. teacher1332

It’s a
    It’s a
    conversation. Is that not the same thing? Lol!

9. Nell06

Nell06 New commenter

Currently waiting to hear back about a position in a NA school following first round of interviews. I know that it’s fairly normal to not hear anything at all if you don’t get an interview, but am I naive to expect to hear either way about second interview? I would like to contact for feedback but I’m not sure how long to wait!

Thanks,

N

10. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Whereabouts? The ones in China have broken up for Chinese New Year, so you might have to wait a little longer.

11. Nell06

Nell06 New commenter

Unfortunately not in China. It’s a school in Europe.

Thanks

12. teacher1332

Sent you a conversation.

13. february31st

february31st Established commenter

The schools in China are desperate and will take anyone at the moment with a 10m Backstroke teaching certificate.

If the school has the word Bilingual in the title, just avoid if you value your sanity. If you want an ADVENTURE before all the new regulations hit in two years time, leave your sanity in ”neutral” and enjoy the circus.

14. nikkin0204

nikkin0204 New commenter

Can I jump on the band wagon? I am considering NA in China/ Singapore .... if any one has any views/opinions/advice would love to hear from you

15. karel

karel Occasional commenter

I’ve sent you a PM

16. february31st

february31st Established commenter

If its an international school in Shanghai, best avoid. If its an international school in Beijing best avoid and avoid.

If it has the word Bilingual in the title, best AVOID,AVOID,AVOID,AVOID,AVOID AND AVOID.

The school in SG is regarded as the bottom run on the ladder of private international schools currently operating there.

17. yolandavljn

yolandavljn New commenter

Hi, is there anyone here who knows how the interview process works? I applied for a job at the new
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] school and I have a skype interview with the principle on Monday, I am from South Africa so won't be able to do a face to face. Was wondering how many interviews one goes through if only skype is an option.
    Thanks in advance

18. lilyflynn

lilyflynn New commenter

Happy to discuss my <terrible> experiences of NA take overs with anyone willing to listen.

19. bubblegirl83

bubblegirl83 New commenter

Me too!!

20. robertakeys

robertakeys New commenter

Hi, could I have your email please? Am thinking of working for Nord Anglia and have a few questions

You think they are a professional and good chain of schools? Any experience in the East? China?