1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by NCC-1701-D, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Notjustadream

Notjustadream New commenter

I’ve also applied for several. I just put an honest ranking of the 3 in the box they included. I hope it doesn’t damage my chances with the ones that aren’t the top!

I do, thankfully, have an interview coming up for their recruitment event for the first one I applied for. I’m super nervous and absolutely desperate for the job - it’s my starry-eyed dream location - so if anyone has any advice, tips, or areas I should focus my research on, please message me! I’m already working though the school website so I have that covered.

2. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

I applied for two last year, had interviews for both within two hours of each other at the NAE recruitment event. it actually helped me get an offer faster as they both wanted to offer me the job.

I can't see how it can be a disadvantage, it will show that you want to work for the company.

3. lottielizzie

lottielizzie New commenter

4. jordan_8648

jordan_8648 New commenter

Does anyone have experience of teaching in Nord Anglia schools in Europe, specifically Switzerland?

5. teachtronic

teachtronic New commenter

Anyone know what they are like to work for in Qatar?

6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Ok sorry for the late reply but my source has been away from here.
    Applying to 2 schools within the chain in different locations would not be an issue in itself as long as you can justify why you would wish to work at either. The schools do tend to differ quite considerably.

JL48 and lottielizzie like this.
  7. february31st

february31st Established commenter

With NA and ESF applications there is a little tick box you can select. This makes your application details available to all other schools in the organizations.

So if other jobs become available that suit your your details you are automatically selected for consideration.

lottielizzie likes this.
  8. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

This makes your application details available to all other schools in the organizations. So if other jobs become available that suit your details you are automatically selected for consideration.

While this is factually accurate febster, the reality is not quite so rosy! During the last recruitment cycle my wife applied for two jobs through the NA website but also thought it best to apply directly to the schools. She was interviewed for both and got through to the second round (headship posts) she was eventually unsuccessful and appointments were made. Later on she had reason to go on to the website and the jobs that were now filled were still being advertised. In addition the interviewer in one case said that he would pass on my wife's details to another NA school as she might be a good fit, and nothing more was heard.

As I have said on other threads NA is doing better but is still not that good!!

9. suzannahcooper

suzannahcooper New commenter

Sorry to hijack this post!
    I’ve also applied to a few, I’m a bit confused about what ‘under consideration’ means for applications as I haven’t actually heard anything from them but my applications have that on. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks!

10. february31st

february31st Established commenter

With the 100+ teachers NA needs to recruit just for China, they better get their act together.

11. willow78

That they have looked at your application, we are recruited for my department, most NAE schools will be back on Monday, HOD/HOY will be given applications to look at and shortlisting will start next week. Good luck

suzannahcooper likes this.
  12. suzannahcooper

suzannahcooper New commenter

Thank you very much for your help!

13. bubblegirl83

bubblegirl83 New commenter

I have sent you a PM

jordan_8648 likes this.
  14. nikki2482

nikki2482 New commenter

How soon do you hear back from the NA recruitment days? Also the application process said it would be a so He interview first then interview day in London but they have just offered me the interview day. Any ideas why?

15. natalie_powell2

natalie_powell2 New commenter

Really good- I’ve visited a few times and I’m very impressed.

16. lxrd55

lxrd55 New commenter

How long after the closing date should I expect to hear from them? I've applied for several positions over the last few years, had one interview (after about 3 weeks) and one unsuccessful (after a month), and I know the interviews are meant to be in the next few weeks.

17. le2012

le2012 New commenter

I got contacted on the date of the deadline but it was an SLT post so not sure about teaching posts. I applied for it during the holidays.

18. nikki2482

nikki2482 New commenter

I heard last week and the closing date was today.

19. willow78

It will depend on the school and position; most international schools will interview before the closing date if they get a very good candidate for a subject that is hard to recruit for. The deadline for my department was yesterday, but we recruited for one position yesterday, as they were too good to risk waiting for.

I'd expect to hear by the end of this week if I was you.

20. andersonrachael

andersonrachael New commenter

Does anyone have experience of applying or working for the NA group of schools in NA? Secondary ideally? Thanks!