1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by NCC-1701-D, Nov 29, 2017.

1. hellothisismyusername

hellothisismyusername New commenter

Anyone know the HK branch? okay ? Annual flights ? How many places for teAchers kids ?

2. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

From what I've heard, 2 places for kids, not a great location (particularly the Early Years) and very small campus, think they got rejected on a new build by the government and had to move into an established building. Good package though.

3. cristynwilliams

cristynwilliams New commenter

Hi, I also have an interview in London tomorrow (30 Jan) - can anyone tell me what documents I need to bring to the interview please? My interview invitation said than an email would be sent through with the details, but I never received this.

4. cristynwilliams

cristynwilliams New commenter

Hi, I also have an interview in London tomorrow (30 Jan) - can anyone tell me what documents I need to bring to the interview please? My interview invitation said than an email would be sent through with the details, but I never received this.

5. willow78

Once you signed up for a slot, you should have got a confirmation email with the times etc, if you haven't got this maybe you havent signed up, its on that?

Degree certificate
    Teaching certificate
    3 pieces of ID for DBS (you need to look into this as it's very specific)

6. bubblegirl83

bubblegirl83 New commenter

I think I know the one you are talking about well. PM me and I'll see if it's the same place.

7. HSCTeacher

HSCTeacher New commenter

Received reply through my email....outcome= unsuccessful. Oh well. Upward and onwards I suppose. All the best to you.

8. mpierre7

mpierre7 New commenter

Hi HSCTeacher, and obiee77 I was wondering if I could pick you brains about a few things? Do you mind if I message you?

9. HSCTeacher

HSCTeacher New commenter

No problem at all. Message away :)

10. mpierre7

mpierre7 New commenter

I don't know why but I can't seem to start a conversation with you. Are you able to start one with me by any chance?

11. ljf1aber

ljf1aber New commenter

Some interesting comments on here, some of them very misinformed.

I work for a Nord Anglia school, having worked at top tier international and UK schools previously. My current school in SE Asia is an absolute delight to work at - we all have bad days, but students and colleagues are delightful. We are well resourced, well treated and respected and can make very valid contributions to our school's ambition.

I can only speak on behalf of my current school and my dealings with Central Office (Nord Anglia as an organisation) - almost entirely positive. To label the whole group of 40 or so schools would be wrong - they are all different, with positives and negatives. Would I want to work at all 40 of the NA schools? No, in short. Just like labelling all XYZ football fans as hooligans is wrong, so is labelling a whole group of very diverse schools and locations.

To make this forum more productive, maybe we should ask questions of specific schools (in our usual under the radar way!), rather than questions about a whole group of schools....

Just my halfpenny's worth! I'm happy to answer any PMs about my current school.

12. willow78

Good post above, very naive to judge all schools by a few.

Has anyone been interviewed the last couple of days or today with any offers from the NAE event?

13. roa182

roa182 New commenter

I’m also after a bit of advice on this - would you mind if messaged too? :)

14. rose8tta

rose8tta New commenter

[

Has anyone had any offers / rejection from the NA event last week?

15. HSCTeacher

HSCTeacher New commenter

No problem

16. willow78

Yes I got an offer, you?

17. rose8tta

rose8tta New commenter

well done WIllow78, I haven't heard back so thinking probably not a good thing. Oh well.

18. HSCTeacher

HSCTeacher New commenter

Congrats! Did you accept? Which country will you be getting off to?

19. willow78

Yes I did, I'm off to Vietnam

20. priceke

priceke New commenter

Could you message me with some information about these schools. Not sure how to PM on here and I am looking at a school which is in this chain.