1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by NCC-1701-D, Nov 29, 2017.

1. rednelly84

rednelly84 Occasional commenter

The 2 in the UAE are good with the Dubai one being slightly better. I'd work in either.

2. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

Think that's the thing about NAE, they have loads of schools, some are good and some not so good, I suppose it depends on who the management are, I starting the week thinking I wouldn't work for them again (I even had conversations with people on here saying as much) but having seen a job and done a lot of research it seems it is a good school which is well run.

So although I'm not the biggest fan of the organisation, if they get the right management in place they can be good schools.

kinks and Teachallover like this.
  3. Teachallover

Teachallover Occasional commenter

You’re absolutely right, a game of Russian roulette. Bearing in mind, changes can happen suddenly under the ever changing direction of the school for better or equally for worse...

willow78 likes this.
  4. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

They have also started buying up schools as going concerns, thus avoiding some of the issues they had a few years ago with their own start ups. They must have acquired some serious venture capital money to buy up so many established schools. The slight upside is that they can't mess them up quite so easily if they are well established.

5. february31st

february31st Established commenter

makhnovite likes this.
  6. proudcdn

proudcdn New commenter

Any experience with the one in Singapore? Positive? Negative? We also have two children.

7. willow78

I've done a bit of research and have heard positive things about it, a bit of a community feel about it, but doesn't pay as well as the bigger schools in the area.

8. cowelly77

cowelly77 New commenter

Would you mind PMing me also. I cant work out how to do it but would be interested to hear where abouts you are.

Many thanks

9. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

Done.

10. SPC2

SPC2 Occasional commenter

Don't know the details, but definitely on the up. One thing about Singapore is that the CPE/EduTrust regulatory process means you don't have to worry about any of the worst aspects of international education like not being paid, cooking the books etc. The intense local competition between international schools also serves to drive up standards, in my opinion.

proudcdn likes this.
  11. kerrydodman

kerrydodman New commenter

Anyone got any experience with NAE in Vietnam? Jobs advertised in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh which sound tempting...

hairdo likes this.
  12. jcavanagh27

jcavanagh27 New commenter

I have a phone interview arranged for a HOD job in one of the American schools...does anyone know how the visa arrangements work if I’m successful? Thanks in advance.

13. pizza15

pizza15 New commenter

You will get an E2 visa. Means you can work legally at the school and only at the school (no tutoring / bar work on the side etc). If you are married your partner will get one also but they need to wait 3 months until they are able to work on it.

14. obie77

obie77 New commenter

Hi,
    I’m a bit late to this thread. I am applying for the US does anyone have any experience or knowledge of NA schools there?
    Thank you for any advice given.

15. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter

Would be interested to know anything about a small school in SUI, relatively new, relatively small, in what look like fantastic new premises and owned by Nord Anglia (not sure if the buy out was before or after the move).

Any comments gratefully received.

16. ellera

ellera New commenter

I work at a US NA school. Each of them are very different depending where you go to. PM me if you want specific details.

sandracl2, andersonrachael and obie77 like this.
  17. ameliab888

ameliab888 New commenter

Hi Willow, I’m keen to know more. Any chance you can shed any light on salary, work load or management in Singapore? Tried to pm you but unable to.

18. Sixy

Sixy New commenter

Hi! I’m also very interested in finding out more about Nord Anglia. I’m looking to teach primary in America. If anyone has any experience and could tell me a little more, I’d appreciate a pm from you! Thanks...and happy weekend!

obie77 likes this.
  19. obie77

obie77 New commenter

Hi, I have pm you.

20. willow78

I have sent you a message