1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by NCC-1701-D, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

Anyone want to tell us a bit about OTOS? I’m intrigued!

2. kinks

kinks New commenter

-Recruitment event
    -held in London every year,
    -majority of NA school attend
    - candidates only by invitation following application for posts on their portal
    -Face to face interviews usually with the schools principal

3. welsh-warrior91

welsh-warrior91 New commenter

I had my interview on Tuesday at the recruitment event in London. Does anybody have an idea on the timescale of when I will find out if I have been offered the post or not?

4. rl3384

rl3384 New commenter

It probably varies on the school but next week I would imagine. Don’t forget it’s Chinese New Year so depending which area you went for, schools might be shut!

5. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

Didn’t anyone get offered a job from the event? Curious to know!

6. 8Merlin8

8Merlin8 New commenter

I did

Bsmart19 likes this.
  7. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

Congratulations! Where are you heading?

8. 8Merlin8

8Merlin8 New commenter

Thank you! I decided (after a lot of thinking time) to accept another job at a non- Nord Anglia school. I’m heading to Bangkok in August. Very excited!

9. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

Congratulations! That’s where I work! Let me know if you need any advice! (Or a Washington machine as I am leaving this year!)

10. 8Merlin8

8Merlin8 New commenter

Oh awesome. I am currently full of questions so I will try and send a conversation (if I can figure out how to!) Where are you heading next?

11. adrixargentina

adrixargentina Occasional commenter

Due to lunar new year I've still not heard yet. They said this at the interview though. I'm wondering whether the school closures affect finding out. Anyone else in the same boat ?