1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nord Anglia?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by NCC-1701-D, Nov 29, 2017.

1. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Niali, I have sent you one of those TES Conversation things. You need to click on your avatar in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

2. adrixargentina

adrixargentina Occasional commenter

How long did it take for you to get an answer either way after an in-person interview? I thought I would have found out by today.

I imagine they're waiting on their first choice's acceptance, but just in case, can anyone PM me if they've had interviews with a NA school recently. What are the waiting times? Should I email next week?

I've got another interview in 2 weeks with another NA school so I'm trying to not feel too dejected.

3. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

My friend interviewed with them in December. She got invited to their OTOS event which is w/b 20.1.20. I wonder if they don’t appoint until after this event? Where is the school located? If you interviewed in person, perhaps they feel that they can make you wait because you’re ‘on the ground’ (so to speak).

Didn’t they give you any indication about when they would get back to you? I think that seems a little strange?[/QUOTE]

4. adrixargentina

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to the OTOS event, but with a different school.

The interviewer said by Friday and I've not heard anything, so not hopeful! I just wish they'd put me out of my misery

What would be the purpose of making me wait?

5. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

If they’re both Nord Anglia they might be in hot competition for you! I am aware that the schools converse with one another and they sometimes fight for the applicants they want. So perhaps the other school is being stubborn and want to interview you in London...

Whatever it is, good luck and I hope you get the job you want!!

adrixargentina likes this.
  6. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

Did they get back to you? I wondered because my friend is waiting to hear.

7. adrixargentina

Sending you a message bsmart

8. Oli_K

Oli_K New commenter

When is the NAE recruitment event this year?

9. kinks

kinks New commenter

Next Week Tuesday to Friday
    It is invite only for candidates who have applied for jobs on their portal

10. adrixargentina

I'm going for one school only. Do you know if there will be any opportunities for impromptu interviews. Do they advertise all their posts at the event like job fairs?

I wish I had at least one more.

11. kinks

kinks New commenter

When you get there for your interview ,ask the recruiters on the desk if any other NA school is interviewing for your subject.
    None of the posts are advertised at the fair itself

adrixargentina likes this.
  12. adrixargentina

Great Kinks, thanks for the tip!

13. rl3384

rl3384 New commenter

Is there anyone who I can PM about NA? I'm off to the recruitment event next week.

14. Oli_K

Oli_K New commenter

You need to be specific, all NAE schools are different, so getting generic information on the company will probably be a waste of time. You would be better finding out about the individual schools you have an interview for.

15. Solta19

Solta19 New commenter

Any one know if the OTOS event interview is the end of the process and leads to a potential job offer, or are there further steps?
    Thanks

16. 8Merlin8

8Merlin8 New commenter

I think it depends. I have been offered a job with a NA school and they still want to meet me at the event. I also have 2 other interviews at the event- one is a second interview after an initial Skype interview and the other is first stage. So it seems like each school within the group does it completely differently!

17. Oli_K

Oli_K New commenter

Should be a job offer or rejection. This will be generally the last part of the schools recruitment, most will have done interviews locally and by Skype by now.

18. kinks

kinks New commenter

Me if you like?

19. rl3384

rl3384 New commenter

It's an Asia one. I don't know if I am allowed to be specific and name on an open forum?

20. kinks

kinks New commenter

Tell me which one in your PM